Directions(1-4): In the given question, four words are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Of these, the positions of two of these words may be incorrect and need to be exchanged to make the sentence correct. Find the two words which need to be exchanged. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer is (E), i.e. ‘No correction required’.
- Alcohol addiction is a complex(1) phenomenon that research(2) indicates is likely to be caused(3) by a variety of factors(4) rather than a single one.
1-22-31-43-4No correction requiredOption E
- Apart from uplifting(1) your mood instantly(2), being in a several(3) relationship with music can help you in serious(4) other ways.
1-23-41-32-4No correction requiredOption B
- Wireless communication is one of the most active areas for(1) research and the demand of(2) wireless services has been changing from(3) the regular voice services to mixed multimedia services over(4) the wireless media.
2-41-23-42-3No correction requiredOption B
- Our core service is utilizing our pragmatic(1) and business expertise(2) to provide accountancy(3), technically correct and honest advice(4).
1-21-33-42-4No correction requiredOption B
- A. about a month, beginning as the leaves
B. hill-climbing season lasts for
C. at the end of October
D. start turning red and concluding
E. with the National Climb Championships
- A. each time we recall a memory,
B. we only remember the last time we
C. recalled that memory, and each time we pull up
D. a memory, we may introduce new details
E. that never occurred in real lifeBDCEABCDAEABCDEECBDAAEBCDOption C
- Her _____I______ is easy and natural, and it is ______II_____ because of its frankness and evident sincerity.
a. behaviour d. charming
b. charms e. glamour
c. demeanour f. adorablecf and bdad and cfbf and aece and afbe and cdOption B
- The polytechnic institute ____I____ the privilege of ____II____ the degree of doctor of technical science.
a. will acquire d. conferring
b. acquired e. endorsing
c. acquiring f. bestowingcf and aead and bebf and cdce and adbd and afOption E
- A table had been placed in the _____I____, and the young Count, Jonathan sat at it, ______II______ as a man with greying hair.
a. middle d. disguise
b. front e. disguised
c. back f. disguisingae, be and cead, bd and cdaf, bf and cfad, be and cfcdOption A
- Land records in India are ___(I)___ complicated, with each state having ___(II)___ different methods of recording ownership from before Independence.
a. notoriously d. challenged
b. extensive e. adept
c. pretty f. inheritedad, bf and cdcd, becf, ae, cebe, cdcf, afOption E
Directions(5-6): In the given questions, a statement has been divided into five segments, each of which is denoted by (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E). Rearrange all the segments to form a coherent statement and mark the corresponding option as your answer.
Directions(7-10): In the following question, a sentence with two blanks is given, indicating that something has been omitted. The sentence is followed by two columns, I and II, each carrying three words. One or more than one of the three words mentioned in column I fill the first blank. Similarly, one or more than one of the three words mentioned in column II fill the second blank. You have to identify the correct pair(s) of words that would fill the blanks to make the sentence grammatically correct and meaningful. Them mark the relevant option as your answer.