Directions(1-3):A sentence with one blank is given, indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the word that best fits the blank appropriately.
- Changing lifestyles in India are causing many frustrations, ……… people to lash out at the weakest.
- In a string of decisions, information commissions have forced public authorities to implement the RTI stipulation that they should all put _____ information proactively so that citizens don’t have to file applicable for every small thing.
- ____________ he is a hard worker, his quality of work is not of a desirable level.
- As this country has become more ___________, industrialized and internationalized, it has like all Western democracies, experienced a necessary increase in the ___________ of the executive.
urbanized, roleobjective, wealthsynthesized, efficiencycivilized, convenienceconcretized, visionOption A
Urbanized means make or become urban in character.
Synthesized means make (something) by synthesis, especially chemically.
Civilized means polite and good-mannered.
Convenience means the state of being able to proceed with something without difficulty.
Concretized means make (an idea or concept) real; give specific or definite form to.
- Without any _______, the rich man pledged to _______ one million dollars to the organization.
Hesitation, DonateDoubt, TakeProblem, GiveReluctance, AcceptProblem, TakeOption A
- i. As he found the streets to be perplexing, he went to a local shop and asked for the directions to the _______ which he had been _______ for.
ii. As the officer walked up to the stage to _______ the crowd, the people eagerly awaited to know how the police was _______ at the case.Address, ObservingPlace, LookingAnnounce, StaringAddress, LookingLabel, GlancingOption D
- i. As soon as the group began to ________, they __________ agreed to take rest after dinner.
ii. It was only last Sunday when his father had taught him to fix puncture and change a __________, two most primary skills which the family __________ thought to be essential for a driver.Boredom, BelatedlyTire, UnanimouslyWeariness, AllExhaustion, BelatedlyBoredom, OrthodoxicallyOption B
- i. They lost their kites to the winds that blew _________; and they later found them ___________ in electric wires.
ii. The lion roared ___________ while chasing the invaders, but soon its claw got _________ in the web and it had to give up.Loudly, EntangledStuck, FiercelyFerociously, TangledVoraciously, UntangledStrangled, FiercelyOption C
- i. The _______ flowing in the opposite direction to their movement made it extremely difficult for them to swim across the wide river but the ______ was achieved in a little less than fifteen minutes.
ii. Most of the competitive exams require not only a thorough grasp on English, Mathematics and ______ affairs but also good time management skills to ace the exam, an exceptional ______ for the human intellect.move, recordcurrent, festwave, movefeet, currentcurrent, featOption E
- i. All the readings began to come up properly once they started to ____ their apparatus according to the changing environment ____.
ii. I decided to ____ myself in sync with my changing financial condition till I could ____ out a way to uplift the same.brought, climateaccommodate, findcalibrate, factorreinstate, acquirerelate, improveOption C
Directions(4-5): The following question carries a sentence with two blanks. Choose the most suitable pair of words from the given options that would make the sentence meaningful and complete.
Directions(6-10): Two sentences with two blanks in each, followed by five alternatives with two words in each, are given. Choose that option as the answer which can fill both the blanks of both the sentences making it grammatically correct and meaningful.