Directions(1-4): In this question, two columns I and II and three sentences are given, which are divided into two parts. Column I (A, B and C) consists of first half of each sentence and Column II (D, E and F) consists of second half of each sentence. Match column I with column II, so that the sentences formed are both meaningful and
grammatically correct. Choose the option as your answer.
A) If it wasn’t for the soldier
B) The Mi Mix 3 preserves the spirit of the series
C) Since there was a lot of attempt made
D) Instead of being there for him when he needed support.
E) He would have died in the rush.
F) While seemingly fixing one of its bigger flaws.B-D and C-FA-E and B-FB-DC-F and A-EC-EOption B
A) Freddie Mercury is remembered as
B) As soon as the car hit the barricade, it
C) Drivers are advised to use
D) leapt 10 feet above the ground.
E) one of the best rock musicians of all time.
F) in the past there has been such events.A-F & B-DB-D & C-EA-E & B-DB-FC-DOption C
A) So, if you decided to pack your bags and visit
B) The landlocked country of South Asia,
C) Hikers, trekkers, climbers, spiritual visitors come to
D) Nepal, is filthy rich in a little things that you should not miss out on doing here.
E) Nepal, is situated between the dense jungles of India and the spectacular Himalayan Mountains.
F) Nepal every year to make the most of their vacation.B-E and C-FA-E, B-F and C-DA-F and C-DB-FA-E and C-FOption A
A. Investing in art is ideal for
B. It is becoming alarmingly normal for this newspaper
C. A perfect fit is the similarity
D. Naïve investors since it is risk-free.
E. Of attitudes of women between the two times.
F. To counsel crime, spread hate, and threaten lives.A-FB-EC-DC-FA-D and C-EOption E
For companies trying to (amp up) their sustainability profiles, there’s no lack of challenges: from material sourcing to water consumption, electricity use to carbon production, every sustainability issue is a moving part, one of many interconnected concerns. A new calculator coming out in June aims to clarify the process and make it easier for companies to identify the economic and environmental impacts of every factor – and adjust their operations accordingly. “We use existing company data to calculate greenhouse gas emissions, water and energy consumption, as well as solid waste,” says Sally Paridis, CEO of New York consulting firm CoClear, which developed the calculator in collaboration with Columbia University. “We also track the company cost associated with these metrics, making it easier to identify efficiency opportunities.”
The calculator can analyze a single product, a brand or a company’s entire portfolio, and can quickly show users the impact of switching to alternate ingredients or different packaging. “We can run an analysis of the difference that a substitute would have, both financially and environmentally, on the product life cycle,” Paridis says. “If they implement the strategy, we track the annual performance to show increases or decreases in efficiency. The CoClear calculator isn’t the first tool aimed at measuring companies’ environmental impacts. Cool Farm Alliance’s Cool Farm Tool – developed in cooperation with Unilever, the University of Aberdeen and the Sustainable Food Lab – is designed to help growers (reduce) their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Another application, CoolClimate, created by researchers at University of California, Berkeley, helps small businesses to assess their carbon footprints.
1. What is passage about?Impact over the environment by the different companies ways to improve their sustainability profiles.Different challenges like material sourcing, water consumption electricity, carbon production etc. which impede the sustainability profiles of the companies.The companies’ data that can be used effectively to calculate greenhouse gas emissions and carbon production etc.The companies’ data that can be used effectively to calculate greenhouse gas emissions and carbon production etc.The analysis of the different substitute and its effect on the product life cycle both financially and environmentally.Option A
The passage discusses about the environmental impact by the companies which are trying to improve their sustainability profiles without compromising the efficiency but willing to change their operations accordingly. And for that a calculator is devised which will help them to identify the economic and environmental impacts of every
factor. Thus, the passage is about the environmental impacts which is the crux of the passage and rest of the things revolve around it.
- Which of the following can be inferred from the passage?
1) Small businesses, the carbon production of which, also have significant impact on the environment, will be helped by the application created by CoolClimate.
2) The efficacy of the calculator is not only extended to a single product or a brand but also to a company’s entire portfolio.
3) The identification of economic and environmental impact will be thwarted by the process aided by calculator.Only 2Only 3Both 2 and 3Both 1 and 2Both 1 and 3Option D
Statement 3 is incorrect as nowhere in the passage it is written that economic and environmental impact will be hindered. the correct statement can be inferred from this statement “A new calculator coming out in June aims to clarify the process and make it easier for companies to identify the economic and environmental impacts of every factor “.
- What does the author mean when he says/she says, “every sustainability issue is a moving part, one of many interconnected concerns.”?
Sustainability issues moves very fast along with the other related concerns.Sustainability issues being one of the paramount concern need to move in order to interconnect with one another.Different sustainability issues which depend on number of environmental factors keep on changing frequently, so does the other issues which are interconnected to one another.Sustainability cannot be constant thus it need to be kept moving to maintain the nexus between other related concerns.None of theseOption C
The most appropriate option is C where it is conspicuously stated that concerns like carbon production, electricity water consumption can’t be constant thus they keep on changing. Thus, in nutshell it makes the sustainability issue a moving part.
- Which among the following is true with respect to the passage? Challenges does not have any effect on the sustainability profiles of the companies.Calculator is designed in such a way that it can figure out ways to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions and carbon footprints and thus, for that no previous data is required.Implementation of the proposed idea of calculating the metrics will help to acknowledge the viable opportunities.This sort of calculator, the objective of which is to measure environmental impacts is first device devised so far in this sector.Unilever and Co-clear has designed an application to assess the carbon footprints.Option C
Refer to the first paragraph last sentence i.e. “We also track the company cost associated with these metrics, making it easier to identify efficiency opportunities.” which
clearly shows that the cost associated with the metrics such as greenhouse gas emissions, water and energy consumption, as well as solid waste can be tracked which will facilitate the identification of the efficient opportunities. All other options are incorrect as per the passage.
- Which of the following words is similar in meaning “to amp up” as used in the passage? EulogizeDevelopGlorifyLionizeIncreaseOption E
To eulogize means to praise highly in speech or writing.
To lionize means to treat as a celebrity.
- Which of the following words is opposite in meaning “to reduce” as used in the passage? to snaketo buffaloto catcallto mushroomto badgerOption D
Reduce means to make something smaller or less in amount, degree, or size.
To mushroom means to increase, spread, or develop rapidly.
To snake means to move or extend with the twisting motion of a snake.
To buffalo means to overawe or intimidate (someone) or to baffle someone.
To badger means to pester someone
Directions(5-10): Read the given passage carefully and answer the questions that follow. Certain words are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of these.