Directions(1-5): Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If the given sentence is correct as it is, mark the answer as No error. Ignore the errors of punctuation if any.
Studying techniques like mind mapping, (1)/ note-taking and audio-visual (2)/ learning, can improve (3)/ learning and retention capacity. (4)/ No error (5)12345Option E
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri (1)/ was originally written in German (2)/ and it remains a (3)/ popular childrens literature book. (4)/ No error (5)
The error is in part (4). Here the book is popular among children and under the children’s literature genre. So the term must be acknowledged with an apostrophe. It is a known fact that the word “childrens” does not exist as the plural of “child” is “children”. Hence, “children’s” must be used instead of “childrens”.
- No one wants a woman who breaks (1)/ stereotypes, earns more than a man and (2)/ disrupts a carefully sculpted status quo that insures (3)/ the balance of power remains in perpetual imbalance. (4)
To “insure” is to issue an insurance policy. The sentence talks about the certainty of the balance of power. In other words, the balance of power needs to be ensured.
- To be an effective manager (1)/ it is vital to (2)/ know the goals and the vision (2)/ of your organization. (4)
- She has promised to (1)/ donate the funds to (2)/ establish a library in many (3)/ villages in India. (4)
The error is in the third part of the statement and can be corrected in multiple ways.
Alternative 1: …establish libraries in many…
Alternative 2: …establish a library in each of the…
The Great Hunger/ throughout North America and Great Britain (A)/ led to 1 million deaths and (B)/ from the country, landing in various cities (C)/ caused 1 million people to emigrate (D)BCDACBDADCBABDCANone of the aboveOption D
- On March 28, 1854,/ launching the Crimean War, which was largely (A)/ of minority Christians in the Ottoman Empire (B)/ about the protection of the rights (C)/ France and Britain declared war on Russia,(D)
DBACACDBDACBBDCANone of the aboveOption C
- Scotsman Alexander Graham Bell/ to Thomas Watson, his assistant (A)/ was awarded a patent on his invention (B)/ he famously made the first phone call (C)/ of the telephone, and, three days later, (D)
BDCADBACCDBAADCBNone of the aboveOption A
- It is most unfortunate that there/ across most parts of India but in the West (P)/ is scant regard for heritage building conservation (Q)/ there is great pride and investment (R)/ in preserving heritage structures (S)
QPSRQPRSRQPSRPSQNone of the aboveOption B
- The seeds that are stored, / of use in the event of (P)/ species is lost due to natural disasters (Q)/ in the seed vault, can be (R)/ a global catastrophe or when some (S)
RPSQSQRPSRPQPRQSNone of the aboveOption A
Directions(6-10): In the given question, a statement divided into different segments is given. The first segment is fixed. Rearrange the other segments to form a coherent statement. If the sentence is already arranged or the correct sequence doesn’t match any of the given sequences, mark (E), i.e., “None of the above” as your answer.