Directions (1-5): The following question carries one statement with one blank. Choose the most appropriate word from the options to fill the blank and make the sentence grammatically correct and meaningful.
The delegation hopes to ____________ the idea that human rights are not purely internal matters.MobileRecruitingReinforcePresumptionCollectOption C
Among the given options, “reinforce” would fit with the word “idea”. “Reinforce” means to strengthen or support, which makes logical sense in the given sentence.
- According to a recent report, there is a huge _____________ between the earning pattern of males and that of the females.
EquivocationSimilarDisparityAbatementNone of theseOption C
There can either be a gap (difference) between the earning pattern males and females or there can be a similarity. Since the adjective “similar” is mentioned in option B, the word can be discarded as it will make a grammatically incorrect sense. Thus, disparity, which means the quality or state of being different, is the best- fit answer.
- The present status of demographic dividend of India coupled with the economic reforms brought in by government has ____________ countries worldwide.
PiquedWreckPallidStencheither A or BOption A
Piqued means to have triggered curiosity or interest.
Pallid means lacking vigour or intensity; insipid.
Stench means a strong and very unpleasant smell.
- In a string of decisions, information commissions have forced public authorities to implement the RTI stipulation that they should all put _____ information proactively.
“Put forward” means to offer an idea or opinion, or suggest a plan or person, for other people to consider.
- Changing lifestyles in India are causing many frustrations, _______ people to lash out at the weakest.
The statement talks about the result of a change in India. ‘leading’ (influencing a course of action) highlights the context best. Hence, it is the most suitable response.
A. in domestic and multi-national supply chains.
B. particularly to leverage key influencers
C. that should be further utilised,
D. the private sector is a great opportunity
E. the growing interest ofADBCEEDBCAABCDEEDCBAACDBEOption D
- A) quality, safety and equity norms
B) parents, particularly those who are poor and illiterate,
C) ensuring that much more powerful
D) and resourced schools comply with
E) cannot hold the onus ofCDEBABCDEABECDABCEDABEADCOption C
- A) the way for building the temple
B) in the city, at the very spot
C) the pathway of legislation to pave
D) where the mosque was demolished
E) the Central Government may useEBDACACBDEBDEACECABDDBECAOption D
- A) as a state-owned enterprise, China National
B) closely follow the government’s policy leads
C) Tobacco Corporation is expected to
D) and support particular priorities,
E) such as reducing povertyACBDEABCDEACEDBBDECACEBADOption A
- A) Service was set up, a network
B) of natural habitats was set aside
C) when the present Indian Forest
D) as reserve forests, which
E) were to be left untouchedDBCEADBCAECABDEABCDEABECDOption C
Directions(6-10): In the given question, a statement has been divided into five segments, each of which is denoted by (A), (B), (C), (D), and (E). Rearrange all the segments to form a coherent statement.