Directions(1-5): A sentence divided into three parts (I, II and III) is given. There may be an error in one or more parts. Determine the part(s) which require correction and mark it as your answer.
- A computer mouse are hand-held pointing device that detect two-dimensional (I)/ motion relative of a surface which is than typically translated into the motion of a (II)/ pointer on a display, which allows a smooth control of the graphical user interface. (III)
Only IBoth I and IIOnly IIBoth I and IIIBoth II and IIIOption B
Both, parts I and II need correction. Part I refers to a mouse as a singular object, but goes on to mention the verb associated with it in the plural form. (using ‘detect’ instead of ‘detects’). Part II mentions that the mouse detects the motion relative ‘of’ a surface, while the correct preposition would be ‘to’, as relative motion is expressed with respect to another object. Further, it uses ‘than’ to mention the next step. (‘Than’ is mainly used while making comparisons. The sentence should’ve used ‘then’ instead). As part III is grammatically correct, only parts I and II need correction. Therefore, option B is the required answer.
- Blender is an professional, free, open-source, and an expensive 3D computer (I)/ graphics software used for creating animated films, arts, 3D printed models, (II)/ and video games, who too features an integrated game engine. (III)
Only IBoth I and IIOnly IIBoth I and IIIBoth II and IIIOption D
Part I is contradictory in itself, apart from the usage of ‘an’ instead of ‘a’ before professional. The part mentions ‘Blender’ to be both free and expensive. The correct phrase will mention something like ‘easily accessible’. Part III needs correction as well, as it uses the wrong relative pronoun while referring to the software. (It uses ‘who’ which is predominantly reserved for people or living beings). The correct phrasing will be ‘which features an integrated game engine as well’. As options I and III need correction, option D is the required answer.
- Solomon also called Jedidiah, is, according to the Hebrew Bible, (I)/ Quran, Hadith, and Hidden Words, a fabulously wealthy and wise king (II)/ of Israel who succeeded his father, King David. (III)
Only IBoth I and IIOnly IIBoth I and IIIBoth II and IIIOption A
Part I needs to be corrected. As is evident from the sentence, ‘Jedidiah’ was another name of Solomon. This meaning would only be implied if there were a comma present after ‘Solomon’. Further, the sentence originally uses ‘is’ to refer to Solomon, while it should’ve used ‘was’. The other two parts are grammatically correct. Therefore, option A is the required answer.
- One of the more darkly amusing narratives in current establishment Democratic Party positioning for the 2018 mid-term elections (I)/ and the 2020 presidential contest is the claim that the Bernie Sanders tendency represents (II)/ a radical “socialist” threat that will tip the races to the Republicans and Trump. (III)
Only IOnly IIOnly IIIBoth I and IIINone of theseOption E
- The banking sector is one of the sector that can (I)/ bring a change and a revolution in the economy of India, (II)/ because much job opportunities are present in this field. (III)
Only IBoth I and IIOnly IIBoth I and IIIAll I, II and IIIOption E
The error in part I of the sentence is that the noun ‘sector’ is incorrect and needs to be replaced with a plural noun ‘sectors’ to make it correct since the phrase “one of the” has been used and the whole sector is being talked about.
The error in part II of the sentence is the phrase ‘bring a change’ is incorrect and needs to be replaced with ‘bring about a change’. This is because bring something about means to cause it to happen and is correct.
The error in part III of the sentence is ‘much’ which is incorrect and needs to be replaced with ‘many’ to make the sentence correct. This is because ‘opportunities’ are countable.
1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption C
- When the mission(1) was completed, the shuttle fired engines to atmosphere(2) the speed and, after descending through the reduce(3), landed like a glider(4).
2-33-41-31-2No correction requiredOption A
- Indian science will become the object of global preposterous(1) if ridicule(2) claims are made in the Science conference(3) and that would be disheartening(4).
1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption A
- Sane(1) voices are being produced(2) in the mass hysteria being outshouted(3) in the name of nation and identity while democratic processes are being subverted(4) by divisive politics.
1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption B
- The cowering(1) symbol of the lathi, being wielded in the name of the people, evokes(2) the image of not only a menacing(3) community of artists and liberals but also of the coercive(4) arm of the law over institutions.
1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption C
>Directions(6-10): In the given question, four words are printed in bold and are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Of these, the positions of two words may be incorrect and need to be exchanged to make the sentence correct. Find the two words which need to be exchanged. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer is (E) i.e. No correction required.