Directions(1-5): In the given question, a statement divided into different segments is given. The first segment is fixed; rearrange the other segments to form a coherent statement. If the given statement is already arranged or the correct sequence does not match any of the given sequence, mark (e). i.e., “None of the above” as your answer.
It is difficult not to concur with activists/ who contend that the amendments pose a threat (P)/ at the Central and State levels (Q)/Information Commissions (R)/ to the freedom and autonomy of (S)PSRQRQSPSPQRRPQSNone of the aboveOption A
- Gases as by-product/ and nitrous oxide from the likes of (P)/ packaging, transportation and fertilizers (Q)/ a potent greenhouse gas, from cows, and carbon dioxide (R)/ include direct emissions of methane, (S) SRPQPQRSRQPSPRSQNone of the aboveOption A
- Lead researcher Yanan Sun/ was to measure how much participants’ brains noticed (P)/ was affected by the musical accompaniment (Q)/ violent scenes, and to compare how their sensitivity (R)/ explained that the aim of the experiment (S)
RSQPQSPRSPRQSQRPNone of the aboveOption C
- Mr. Gorton recalls/ with thousands killed (P)/ how tense the region, and the country, (Q)/ how everything was going to blow up, (R)/ was at the time, with talk of an imminent race war, (S) PQRSSRQPQRSPQSRPNone of the aboveOption D
- Female voter turnout/ Parliament is still dominated by men (P)/ but while seats in India’s village councils (Q)/ have been reserved for women since the early 1990s, the (R)/ has been steadily going up over the last few years, (S)
RSQPSQRPPRSQQRSPNone of the aboveOption B
Neither (the vans nor the car are fast enough) to take the critically injured to hospital in time.the van nor the car are fast enoughthe vans nor the cars is fast enoughthe van nor the cars are fast enoughthe van nor the cars is fast enoughNo Correction RequiredOption C
- At 31, Wilson is more capable (than he ever has been), more capable than he ever will be.
than he ever hasto he ever has beenthan he ever have beenthan he ever had beenNo Correction RequiredOption E
- Zero balance savings account is a type of account in which (the customers is not required to maintaining a minimum) balance in his/her account. the customer is not required to maintain a minimuma customer are not required maintaining a minimumthe customer is not required to have maintain a minimuma customer is not required to maintained a minimumNo Correction RequiredOption A
The stark assessment(A) of the climate crisis(B) in the world’s oceans and ice caps concludes(C) that many serious impacts are already inavitable(D).Only AOnly DBoth A and BBoth C and DAll are correctOption B
The word “inevitable” is incorrectly spelled as “inavitable”in the sentence. “Inevitable” means “unavoidable”.
- The tropical(A) disturbance(B) could strengthen(C) and move over the eastern water(D) of the Gulf of Mexico. Only BBoth A and BOnly DOnly AAll are correctOption C
Both the uncountable “water” and the plural form, “waters” are used to refer to a specific body of water.
Directions(6-8): In the given question, a part of the sentence is printed in bold. Below the sentence, alternatives to the emboldened part are given as (A), (B), (C) and (D), which may help improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative out of the given five options. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer will be option (E), i.e.,
“No correction required”.
Directions(9-10): In the following question, a sentence with four words printed in bold is given. These words are numbered as A, B, C, and D. One or more of these four words may either be misspelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. You have to decide which of the following is inappropriate in the context. If all the words printed in bold are correct then mark option (E) i.e. ‘All correct’ as the answer.