Directions: In each question a paragraph is given followed by a blank. Each blank is followed by three options and you have to determine which option can be used in place of blank to make it a meaningful sentence and mark it as your answer.
- Banks are among the most regulated businesses. Ever since the inception of banking as a business in the medieval period, the state has ______________
a. exercised some form of control.
b. increased the extent of control over them.
c. at its core capital regulation based on risk-weighted assets.Only a & cOnly b & cBoth a & bAll of theseNone of theseOption C
- Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a country in South Asia and on junction of West Asia, Central Asia and East Asia. It is _______________.
a. the fifth-most populous country with a population exceeding 209,970,000 people.
b. the 33rd-largest country spanning 881,913 square kilometres
c. separated narrowly from Tajikistan by Afghanistan’s Wakhan Corridor in the north-west, and also shares a maritime border with Oman.Only aOnly bOnly cAll of theseNone of theseOption D
- A bank is a financial institution that accepts deposits from the public and creates credit. Lending activities can be performed either directly or indirectly through capital markets. Due to their importance in the financial stability of a country, banks _______________________
a. are highly regulated in most countries.
b. hold liquid assets equal to only a portion of their current liabilities
c. are generally subject to minimum capital requirements based on the Basel Accords.Only a & bOnly b & cOnly a & cAll of theseNone of theseOption D
- An ATM card is a payment card or dedicated payment card style card issued by a financial institution which enables a customer to access automated teller machines(ATMs). ATM cards ______________________
a. are payment card size and style plastic cards with a magnetic stripe or a plastic smart card
b. are Charge and proprietary cards.
c. can operate at ATMs of private operators and financial institutions other than those of the institution that issued the cards.Only a & cOnly b & cOnly a & bAll of theseNone of theseOption A
- Intellect is a term used in studies of the human mind, and refers to the ability of the mind to come to correct conclusions about what is true or real, and about how to solve problems. Historically the term comes from the Greek philosophical term nous, which was translated into Latin as intellectus. In philosophy, especially in classical and medieval philosophy _________________
a. the intellect or nous is an important subject connected to the question of how humans can know things.
b. the intellect was often proposed as a concept which could reconcile philosophical and scientific understandings of nature with monotheisticreligious understandings
c. the intellect is a link between each human soul, and the divine intellect of the cosmos itself.Only a & bOnly b & cOnly cAll of theseNone of theseOption D
Directions (6-10): A word is given followed by its usage in options. Find the option in which there is inappropriate usage of word.
The religious zealot was willing to break the law to follow his prophet’s orders.The security camera caught the health zealot vandalizing the soft drink manufacturer’s office.The zealot soldiers decided to leave the base and go back home to their families.The political zealot walked over a thousand miles to get people to sign his petition.None of theseOption C
Zealot = a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
The renegade soldiers decided to leave the base and go back home to their families.The religious fanatic was willing to kill herself for her god.An animal rights’ fanatic, Ellen volunteers at the animal shelter over forty hours a week.When I learned my fanatic for the film role was my sister, I was shocked.None of theseOption D
Fanatic = a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
The administration decided to breach and let the students have a dance.The juror’s breach of ethics was revealed when a reporter shared information given to him by the juror.According to the teacher-district contract, teachers who tutor their own students for money commit a breach of conduct.By not paying your rent each month, you are executing a breach of contract.None of theseOption A
Breach = an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement, or code of conduct.
The convicted killer had no chance of parole, but was spared from the death penalty.The man earned the parole of an entire nation when he assassinated the president.After serving fifty percent of his time, the felon was released on conditional parole.Parole was denied since the convict showed no remorse for his crime.None of theseOption B
Parole = the temporary or permanent release of a prisoner before the expiry of a sentence, on the promise of good behaviour.
Justine hoped to instigate Will and Gail’s separation by spreading false rumors about Will’s late nights at work.The road construction will definitely instigate major traffic delays during rush hour.Having several more workers on staff did nothing to instigate the constant complaints of understaffing.Because poor people often cannot afford things they need, poverty is a factor that is known to instigate crime.None of theseOption C
Instigate = bring about or initiate (an action or event).