Directions: Choose the odd sentence out of the given five sentences in each question.
her face framed by the hood of a pallu.an olive-green sari wrapped snug across her body,In the adjacent painting the same woman is crowned by a diadem,In the first painting the woman is reclined on a sofa,development said on condition of anonymity.Option E
law has launched investigation into three entities for allegedlynot passing on the benefit of tax cuts to customers.a Jaipur-based trading company dealing in consumer packaged goodsThe entities facing investigation are Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd,The anti-profiteering watchdog set up under goods and services tax (GST)Option C
a variety of dishes made of black pork paired with a wide selection of wines.It’s perfect September weather.I cannot fathom neither its easy availability nor its ubiquity in the Iberian Peninsula.I am well satiated.I am in Portugal and there’s ample seafood,Option C
has earned popularity across global audiences with his lucid artistry.This year one of the most prestigious festivals of Indian classical music,Tansen Samaroh, held annually at Gwalior,featured a concert by Swedish guitarist Johannes Moller in western classical guitar.Winner of the GFA (Guitar Foundation of America) award in 2010Option A
first lady Michelle and their daughters sported chemicallywent as far as to say that if Michelle had kept her natural hairWhen Barack Obama became president back in 2009eight years of an unparalleled presence.relaxed hair for as long as they were in the public eyeOption B
Directions (6-10): In each question a sentence is given followed by a blank. Each blank is followed by three options and you have to determine which option(s) can be used in place of blank to make it a meaningful sentence and mark it as your answer.
- The German Shepherd is a breed of medium to large-sized working dog that originated in Germany. The breed’s officially recognized name is German Shepherd Dog in the English language The German Shepherd _______
a. was once known as the Alsatian in Britain and Ireland.
b. is a relatively new breed of dog, with their origin dating to 1899.
c. are working dogs developed originally for herding sheep.Only aOnly bOnly cNone of theseAll of theseOption E
- In psychology, temperament refers to those aspects of an individual’s personality, such that are often regarded as _____
a. biologically based rather than learned.
b. a biological basis of personality
c. an approach or avoidance of unfamiliar events.Only aOnly bOnly cNone of theseAll of theseOption A
- The basic mechanism by which enzymes catalyze chemical reactions begins with the binding of the substrate to the active site on the enzyme. The active site is the specific region of the enzyme which combines with the substrate. The binding of the substrate to the enzyme _______
a. are released from the enzyme surface to regenerate the enzyme for another reaction cycle.
b. causes changes in the distribution of electrons in the chemical bonds of the substrate
c. ultimately causes the reactions that lead to the formation of products.Only a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aNone of theseAll of theseOption B
- Carbohydrates may be classified as monosaccharides, disaccharides, or polysaccharides depending on the number of monomer (sugar) units they contain. They ____________
a. constitute a large part of foods such as rice, noodles, bread, and other grain-based products
b. contain one, two, and three or more sugar units
c. are believed to be absorbed quickly, and therefore to raise blood-glucose levels more rapidlyOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aNone of theseAll of theseOption A
- Water is excreted from the body in multiple forms; including urine and feces, sweating, and by water vapour in the exhaled breath. Therefore, it is ____________
a. necessary to adequately rehydrate to replace lost fluids.
b. required to maintain proper hydration.
c. well-known recommendations on fluid intakeOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly a & bAll of theseOption D