Directions(1-6): In the given question, a statement with a blank has been given, followed by three word out of which more than one can complete the sentence grammatically and contextually. Find the word (s) which can fill the blank and choose the option accordingly.
- She had to keep bringing forth new ideas in her dance to support her chief position in the ________________.
III. partyOnly IOnly IIOnly IIIBoth I & IIBoth I & IIIOption B
Committee means a group of people appointed for a specific function by a larger group and typically consisting of members of that group.
Troupe means a group of dancers, actors, or other entertainers who tour to different venues.
Party means a group of people taking part in a particular activity or trip.
Since we are talking about dancers, the most suitable word for the blank is “troupe’.
- The glen is deeply enclosed by lofty mountain ranges, each side ________________ of a succession of peaks linked by ridges.
III. formerlyOnly IOnly IIOnly IIIBoth I & IIBoth I & IIIOption A
The blank requires a verb. Of the given options, only option I is a verb.
- The pharmaceutical industry had a ________________ interest in seeing that their own branded drugs were prescribed.
III. suddenOnly IOnly IIOnly IIIBoth I & IIBoth I & IIIOption E
Legitimate means able to be defended with logic or justification, valid.
Hard means requiring a great deal of endurance or effort.
Sudden means occurring or done quickly and unexpectedly or without warning.
- It must be difficult to ________________ with three small children and a job.
III. copeOnly IOnly IIOnly IIIBoth I & IIBoth I & IIIOption C
To-infinitive is followed by the base form of the verb (cope).
- In some parts of Karnataka, idli batter is __________ in moulds made of fragrant screw pine leaves, locally known as kedige.
c. HeatedBoth a and bBoth a and cOnly aOnly bAll a, b and cOption E
- The MSME sector faces a wide credit gap due to the lack of __________ amongst MSMEs about loan opportunities and credit eligibility.
c. KnowledgeBoth a and cBoth b and cOnly aOnly bNone of the aboveOption A
The context of the sentence is that due to shortage of information about loan opportunities and credit eligibility, MSME sector faces a wide credit gap. Of the given options, ‘awareness’ and ‘knowledge’, fit appropriately in the blank.
- Black seamstress(1) Rosa Parks refused to give on(2) her seat to a white man up(3) a bus in Montgomery and the move(4) helped launch the Civil Rights Movement.
1-21-43-42-3No correction requiredOption D
A seamstress is a woman who sews, especially one who earns her living by sewing. So the term “Black seamstress” is correct as it talks about a black woman who was a seamstress. “Move” at (4) is also correct as it refers to the action taken by Rosa Parks.
- The attackers(1) victory went to Joffre and the French General Staff, who took(2) advantage of German overextension(3) to snatch the strategic initiative from the real(4).
2-33-42-41-4No correction requiredOption D
- Dodd-Frank put(1) regulations on the financial industry and companies(2) programs to stop mortgage created(3) and lenders from taking(4) advantage of consumers.
2-32-41-31-4No exchange requiredOption A
- The Boston area was put on lockdown(1), with schools closed, public(2) transportation service suspended(3) and people advised to stay inside their homes(4).
2-41-21-33-4No correction requiredOption E
Directions(7-10): In the given question, four words are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Of these, the positions of the two words may be incorrect and need to be interchanged to make the sentence correct. Find the pair of words that need to be exchanged. In case the given the sentence is correct, your answer is (E)’, i.e., ‘No correction required’.