Quantitative Aptitude Questions for IBPS RRB/PO/Clerk, SBI PO, NIACL, NICL, RBI Grade B/Assistant, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- A cistern can be filled by two pipes in 15 minutes and 25 minutes respectively. Both pipes are opened together for a certain time, only 5/6 of quantity of water flows through the former and 5/8 through the other pipe. The obstruction is removed, the cistern is filled by in 5 minutes from that moment. How long was it before the full flow began?
A) 168/29 min.
B) 115/21 min.
C) 145/12 min.
D) 125/11 min.
E) 144/13 min.
- There are two articles and the sum of cost prices of these articles is Rs. 500. One of them was sold at a profit of 20% and another at a loss of 20%. Besides if the selling prices of both the articles were same, find the loss.
- Divide Rs. 2000 into two sums such that, if the first be put out at simple interest for 6 years at 3(1/2) per cent, and the second for 3 years at 4(1/2) per cent, the interest of the first sum would be double that of the second. Find the second part.
- In a zoo , the zoo authority announces 40% discount on every on every ticket which costs 50 paise in order to attract more visitors. For this reason, sale off ticket increase by 50%. Find the percentage increase in the number of visitors.
- In an office the average age of all the female employees is 21 years and that of male employees is 32 years, where the average age of all the (male and female) employees is 28 years. Find the total number of employees in the office.
- In a business, there are two investors who invests Rs. 50,000 and Rs.65000 resp. and agree that 60% of the profit should be divided equally between them and the remaining profit is to be divided into the ratio of their capitals. If one partner gets Rs. 300 more than the other. Find the total profit.
A) Rs. 5520
C) Rs. 5400
D) Rs. 5750
E) Rs. 3460
- In a conical flask , the radius of the base and the height of the flask is in the ratio 5:12
If the volume of the cone is 314 (2/7) cm^3. What is the slant height of the conical flask?
A) 14 cm
B) 13 cm
C) 10 cm
D) 15 cm
E) 18 cm
- A bus agency has 162 buses. He sold some buses at 9% profit and rest at 36% profit. Thus he gains 17% on the sale of all his buses. What is the number of buses sold at 36% profit?
- 12 similar balls are placed in three distinct baskets, such that no basket is empty. In how many ways it can be done?
- From a deck of 52 cards two cards are selected at random. Find the probability of getting one heart and one club.