- Rahul is 8 years older than Manish while Manish is 6 years older than Sonu. If ratio of age of Sonu to age of Rahul is 5 : 12 resp. What will be the age of Manish after 12 years?
18 years12 years20 years15 years28 yearsOption E
Let the age of Sonu be x years.
Age of Manish = (x+6) years
Age of Rahul = (x+14) years
Now, x/(x+14) = 5/12
=> x = 10
Age of Manish after 12 years = x + 6 + 12 = 28 years
- Mona spends (x+5)% and (x+10)% of his monthly income on rent and transport resp. After this he saves Rs.17820 out of his income of Rs.32400. Find his monthly expenditure on transport.
32400* [(x*5) + (x-10)]% = 32400 – 17820
=> x = 25
Monthly expenditure on transport = 32400*(25 – 10)% = Rs.4860
- The downstream speed of a boat is 8 km/hr. more than the upstream speed. Time taken by the boat to travel 360 km downstream is 15 hours. Find the time taken by boat to travel 360 km upstream.
23.5 hours15.6 hours12.3 hours22.5 hours20.6 hoursOption D
Let speed of boat and stream speed be x km/hr. and y km/hr. resp.
(x + y) = (x – y) + 8
=> y = 4 km/hr.
Also, 360 = 15(x + y)
=> x + y = 24
So, x = 24 – 4 = 20 km/hr.
Required time = 360/(20 – 4) = 22.5 hours
- In a match, 5 batsman contributed for scoring runs. The ratio of run scored by Virat and Rohit is 8:7 and total run scored by all the five batsman is 360. Find the ratio of run scored by Virat to total run scored by all the 5 batsman, if 5/12th of the total run scored by Virat and Rohit together.
1 : 32 : 98 : 96 : 72 : 3Option B
Let the runs scored by Virat and Rohit be 8x and 7x resp. 8x+7x = 5/12*360
=> x = 10 Runs scored by Virat = 8x = 80 Required ratio = 80 : 360 = 2 : 9
- A man distributes Rs.9600 among his three sons A,B and C in the ratio of 4:3:5 resp. but mistakenly he distributed in the ratio of 5:3:2 resp. Find the difference between the amount received by A and the amount he was supposed to receive.
Amount received by A initially = [4/(4+3+5)]*9600
Amount received by A mistakenly = [5/(4+3+5)]*9600 = Rs.4800
Required Difference = 4800 – 3200 = Rs.1600
- A vessel contains mixture of milk and water mixed in the ratio of 21:10 resp. 124 litres of mixture is taken out of the vessel and replaced with 46 litres of water so that the ratio of the milk and water in the vessel becomes 4:3 resp. Find the difference between the initial quantities of milk and water in the vessel.
111 litres115 litres122 litres132 litres120 litresOption D
(21x – 84)/(10x – 40 + 46) = 4/3
=> x = 12
Difference beyween the initial quantities of milk and water = 11*12 = 132 litres
- C and D decided to start a business with an investment of Rs.75000 and Rs.60000 resp. A and B joined the business with an investment of Rs.40000 and Rs.25000 after 3 months and 4 months fro m the start of business resp. If D investment Rs.15000 more at the beginning of the 11tg month, find his profit of share if they received a total profit of Rs.44200.
Ratio of profit share = A:B:C:D
= (40000*9) : (25000*8) : (75000*12) : (60000*10 + 75000*2)
= 36 : 20 : 90 : 75
Profit share of D = [75/(36+20+90+75)]*44200 = Rs.15000
- The profit percentage earned on selling an article for Rs.2400 is twice the profit percentage earned selling an article for Rs.1800. Find the profit percentage on selling article for Rs.1600.
Let the CP be x.
2400 – x = 2(1800 – x)
=> x = 1200
Required Profit% = (1600 – 1200)/1200*100 = 33.33%
- The average weight of five friends P,Q,R,S and T is (x+6) years while the average weight of R and T is (x – 6) kg. If the weight of another person U is also added. The average weight of all of them is reduced by 5 kg. Find the value of ‘x’ if average weight of P,Q,S and U is 94.5.
Total weight of friends P,Q,R,S and T
= (x+6)*5 = 5(x+6) kg
Total weight of P,Q and S = 5(x+6) – 2(x+6) = 3(x+14) kg
Weight of U = (x+6-5)*6 – 5(x+6) = (x – 24) kg
Now, [3(x+14) + (x- 24)] = 94.5*4
=> x = 90
- A bag contains 32 marbles of three different colors like Black, Violet and Red. The ratio of black marbles to violet marbles is 3:2, resp. and probability of choosing a red marble is 3/8. If two marbles are picked from the bag, what is the probability that one marble is violet and one marble is red.
Let the number of marble be x.
Probability of choosing a red marble = x/32 (x/32) = 3/8
=> x = 12
Remaining balls = 32 – 12 = 20
Number of violet marble = 2/5*20 = 8
Number of black marble = 3/5*20 = 12
Required Probability = (8C1*12C1)/32C2 = 6/31