- The average marks of the students in four sections A ,B ,C and D together is 60%.The average marks of A,B C and D are 45% , 50% ,72% and 80% resp.
If the average marks of the students of sections A and B together is 48% and that of the students of B and C together is 60% .What is the ratio of number of students in section A and D ?
A) 2 : 5
B) 5 :8
C) 4 : 3
D) 2 : 3
E) 1 : 3
- In the XYZ Stock Exchange there are 45% female employees and thus the number of male employees is exceeded by 72.Hence the total no. of employees in the XYZ Stock Exchange.
- A hotel incurs two types of expenses ,one which is fixed and other depends on the guests .When there are 10 guests ,total expenses of hotel are Rs. 6000.Also when there are 25 guests average per guests are Rs.360. What is the total expense of hotel when there are 40 guests ?
- Pipe A can fill an empty tank in 30 hrs while B can fill it in 45 hrs .Pipe A and B are opened and closed alternatively i.e. first pipe A is opened ,then B ,again A and then B and so on for 1 hr. each time without any time lapse .In how may hours the tank will be filled when it was empty ,initially ?
- A rectangular tank 25 cm long and 20 cm wide contains water to a depth of 5 cm .A metalcube of side 10 cm is placed in the tank so that one face of the cube rests on the bottom of the tank .Find how many litres of water must be poured into the tank so as to just cover the cube?
- The rate of S.I on a certain sum of money is 4% per annum for the first 2 years , 6% per annum for next 4 years ,and 8 % per annum for the period beyond 6 years .If the simple interest earned by a sum is Rs. 1120 in 9 years .Find the sum.
- Mallika and Supriya leave towns Kolkata and Ambala at 6 am and travel towards Ambala and Kolkata resp. Speed of Mallika is 60km/hr and speed of Supriya is 120km/hr .Heena leaves Kolkata for Ambala sometime later and travels at a speed of 90km/hr .If the distance between Kolkata and Ambala is 1080km and all three meet at the same point on the way, at same time, then at what time did Heena leave Kolkata ?
- A letter is takenout at random from “ASSISTANT” and another is taken out from “STATISTICS”. The probability that they are the same letters :
- The cost of packaging of the mangoes is 40% the cost of fresh mangoes. The cost of mangoes increased by 30% but the cost of packaging decreases by 50%, then the percentage change of the cost of packed mangoes, if the cost of packed mangoes is equal to the sum of the cost of fresh mangoes and the cost of packaging .
- An examinee is required to answer 6 questions out of 12 questions which are divided into two groups each containing 6 questions and he is not permitted to answer more than 4 questions from any 2 group. In how many ways can he answer 6 questions?