- A man takes 1(7/9) times as long to row a distance upstream as to row the same distance downstream. What is the speed of the boat in still water if it takes 3 hours to travel 38.4 downstream (in km/hr)?
- The average monthly salary of employees , consisting of officers and workers of an organization is Rs. 3000. The average salary of an officer is Rs. 10,000 while that of a worker Rs. 2000/ month . If there are total 400 employees in the organization . Calculate the number of workers and officers separately.
- Rohit ate in a coffee shop and got a membership discount of 30% on the original bill amount but he had to pay 10% as service tax and 8% service charge on the discounted bill amount. If Rohit paid Rs.4,743 ,which included a tip of Rs. 200, how much money did he give as service charge?
- There is a one type of liquid contains 25% of milk ,the other contains 30% of milk .A milk container is filled with 6 parts of the first liquid and 4 parts of the second liquid .Find what is the percentage of milk in the mixture ?
- Ishita invested in 3 schemes P,Q and R the amounts in the ratio 2 : 3 : 4 resp. If the schemes offered interest at 20 p.c.p.a , 16 p.c.p.a and 15 p.c.p.a resp. Calculate respective ratio of amount after one year.
- The number of copies circulated for a first – rank newspaper is 25,42,745 in the world. If the number of copies circulated for the second rank newspaper is less by 6,15,430 of the first – rank newspaper, how many copies of second rank newspaper are circulated in the world?
- A bag contains 4 green and 6 red balls. Another bag B contains 3 green and 4 red balls. If one ball is drawn from each bag. Find the probability that both are green.
- In a rectangular tank there are two garbage tanks , X and Y with lengths 12m and 15m resp. in a square field . If the total area of the square field excluding the rectangular tanks is 360 sq. m and the breadth of both the rectangular tanks is (1/3) of the side of the square field , what is the perimeter of the square field (in m)?
- The ratio between the rates of travelling of P and Q is 3 : 4 and then P takes 10 min. more than the time taken by Q to reach a destination . If P had walked at double the speed , at what time he would have covered the distance ?
- In how many different ways can the letters of the word “CANDIDATE” be arranged in such a way that the vowels always come together ?