Quantitative Aptitude Questions for IBPS RRB/PO/Clerk, SBI PO, NIACL, NICL, RBI Grade B/Assistant, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- A boy and a girl together fill a cistern with water. The boy pors 4 litres of water every 3 minutes and the girl pours 3 litres every 4 minutes. How much time will it take to fill 100 litres of water in the cistern?
- In an alloy, zinc and copper are in the ratio 1:2.In the second alloy, the same elements are in the ratio 2:3. If these two alloys be mixed to form a new alloy in which two elements are in the ratio 5:8, in what ratio of these two alloys in the new alloys?
- In a test consisting 80 questions carrying one mark each, Rama answers 65% of the first 40 questions correctly. What percent of the other 40 questions does she
need to answer correctly to score 75% on the entire test?
- In a certain year, the average monthly income of a person was Rs. 18,000. For the first 8 months of the year, his monthly income was Rs. 22,000 and for the last 5 months, it was Rs.25,000. What is the income in the 8th month of the year?
- Roma goes to a shop to buy a LCD Rs.2568. The rate of sales tax is 7%. He tells the shopkeeper to reduce the price of the LCD to such an extent that she has to pay Rs.2568, inclusive of sales tax. Find the reduction required in the price of the LCD.
- The respective ratio between the total number of students studying in College A and College B is 5:8 . In College B, out of the total number of students, (5/8)th are boys, out of which 60% study Commerce and the remaining 800 boys study in other streams. What is the total number of students in College A?
- In a market research project 20% opted for Tide detergent whereas 60% opted for Surf Blue detergent. The rest were unsure. If the difference between those who opted for Surf Blue and those who were uncertain is 720. How many respondents were covered in the survey?
- Two equal sum of money are lent at the same time at 8% and 7% per annum simple interest. The former is recovered in 6 months earlier than the latter and the amount in each case is Rs. 2560. Find the sum and the time for which the sum of money are lent out.
A) Rs.3500,2.5 yrs. and 3 yrs.
B) Rs.3000,3 yrs. and 5 yrs.
C)Rs.2000,2 yrs. and 4 yrs.
D)Rs.2000,3.5yrs. and 4 yrs.
E) Rs.2500,2yrs. and 6yrs.
- In how many different ways can the letters of “BANKING” be arranged?
- A basket contains 6 orange , 2 blue, 4 yellow and 3 red balls. If 2 balls are picked at random what is the probability that either both are yellow or both red balls.