- A boat goes 24 km upstream and 54 km downstream in 6 hrs. In 8 hrs, it can go 36 km upstream and 48 km downstream. The speed (in km/hr) of the boat in still water is:
- A boat takes 30 hours for travelling downstream from point A to point B and coming back to point C midway between A and B. If the velocity of the stream is 5 km/hr and the speed of the boat in still water is 10 km/hr, what is the distance between A and B?
- A boat takes 150 min less to travel 40 km downstream than to travel the same distance upstream. The speed of the stream is 4 km/hr. What is the downstream speed?
A) 16 km/hr
B) 12 km/hr
C) 10 km/hr
D) 8 km/hr
- Two pipes can fill a tank with water in 15 and 12 hours respectively and a third pipe can empty it in 4 hours. If the pipes be opened in order at 10, 11 and 1 p.m. respectively, the tank will be emptied at
A) 11 : 40 a.m.
B) 12 : 40 p.m.
- Pipes A and B can fill a tank in 10 and 12 hours respectively. Pipe C can empty it in 20 hours. If all the three pipes are opened together, then the tank will be filled in (in hours):
- An army lost 10% its men in war, 10% of the remaining due to diseases died and 10% of the rest were disabled. Thus, the strength was reduced to 729000 active men. Find the original strength.
A) 10 Lakh
- Weights of two friends P and Q are in the ratio 4:5. If P’s weight is increased by 10% and total weight of P and Q become 82.8 kg, with an increases of 15%. By what percent did the weight of Q has to be increased?
- A shopkeeper sold a T.V. set for Rs. 17,940 with a discount of 8% and earned a profit of 19.6% . What would have been the percentage of earned if no discount was offered ?
- Fresh grapes contain 80% water, while dry grapes contain 10% water. If the weight of dry grapes is 500 kg, then what is its total weight (in kg) when it is fresh?
- If a 36 inches long strip cloth shrinks to 33 inches after being washed, how many inches long will the same strip remain after washing if it were 48 inches long?
A) 44 inches
B) 46 inches
C) 55 inches
D) 60 inches