Miscellaneous Reasoning Questions for IBPS RRB, IBPS PO/Clerk, NIACL, NICL, UICL, OIC, RBI and other competitive exams.
- 5 friends – A, B, C, D, and E like different colors – white, green, yellow, blue and red not necessarily in same order. They are sitting in a lie facing north. C is sitting 2nd to left of one who likes yellow color. There is one person between the ones who like white and yellow colors. The one who likes white is at extreme position. There are 2 persons between E and who likes green. Also one between A and D. D does not like green or yellow. C does not like green color. D and one who likes red color are sitting together. Which of the following is odd pair based on above arrangement?
A) C – Green
B) D – Red
C) E – Blue
D) C – Red
E) A – White
- If Vikram finds that he is 18th from the right in a line of boys and 11th from the left, how many boys should be included in the line such that there are 35 boys in the line?
Directions (3-4): Consider the following words to answer the questions that follow:
TALE MINT DIRT CARE SLAB
- If in each of the given words, all consonants are changed to previous letter according to English Alphabetical Series and then all letters are arranged in English Alphabetical Order within the word, then how many words will contain second letter as vowel?
- If in each of the given words, the 1st and 3rd letter are changed to next letter as in English Alphabetical Series, then how many words will contain a letter twice?
Directions (5-6): Seven friends – A, B, C, D, E, F, and G have different weights. A is heavier than B but lighter than C. F is heavier than D but lighter than C. E is lighter than D but is not the lightest. A is heavier than D. F is heavier than G. A is 3rd from top in the list when all are arranged from heaviest to lightest.
- Who is 2nd heaviest?
D) None of these
E) Cannot be determined
- If B at 3rd position from bottom when all are arranged from heaviest to lightest, how many people have weight between D and G.
E) More than three
Directions (7-8): A family has 8 members – A, B, C, D, P, Q, R and S. B is mother of A. Q is son of C who has 2 sons. P is married to A. R calls Q as uncle. Q is brother of D. C is father of D who is aunt of S. Only one of the children of B is married.
- How is P related to S?
E) Mother or Aunt
- How is D related to B?
Directions (9-10): Point Q is 5 m west of point B. Point B is 3 m south of point P. Point R is 5 m west of point C. Point R is 4 m north of point of S. Point Q is 3 m north of point C. Point S is 10 m west of point D. Point P is 8 m east of point A.
- What is the direction of point P with respect to point D?
E) South -west
- Find distance CA.
A) 3√15 m
B) 5√15 m
C) 5√3 m
D) Other than those given in options
E) 3√5 m