- “P+Q” means “P is the father of Q”, “P-Q” means “P is the wife of Q” , “P * Q” means “P is the brother of Q”, “P / Q” means “P is the mother of Q” and “P=Q” means “P is the sister of Q”. On the basis of information, what does P+Q-R mean?
P is the father in law of RR is father of PR is niece of PP is brother of Rnone of theseOption A
P+Q means that P is the father of Q and Q-R means that Q is the wife of R.
Directions (2-5): Study the following information carefully to answer the questions that follow:
P,Q,R,S,T and U are group of family. There are two wifes, one teacher, one engineer, one architect, and one lawyer in the group. There are only two married couples in group of family .The lawyer is married to S, who is a wife. No women in the group is either an engineer or an architect. R, the architect, is married to U,who is a teacher. P is married to a wife. T is not a wife.
- What is T’s profession?
teacherlawyerengineercannot be determinednone of theseOption C
- How many members are males?
1243cannot be determinedOption D
- What is R’s profession?
architectteacherwifelawyercannot be determinedOption A
- Which of the following is a married couple?
P and SP and QR and UT and Qoption 1 and 3 bothOption E
- STATEMENT: The shortage of employment and income during economic depression leads to rise in the crime rates.
COURSE OF ACTION:
a) The government should provide an unemployment compensation as done is advanced countries.
b) The government should encourage greater economic activity and increase number of industries in order to reduce crime rates.a followsb followsboth a and b followsneither a nor b followsnone of theseOption C
Both are valid.
- STATEMENT :Most rural people are uneducated and therefore superstitous.
a) Education increases logical thinking.
b) Rural people don’t go to school.a is implicitb is implicitboth a and b are implicitneither a nor b are implicitnone of theseOption A
a supports the basic conclusion and hence implied.
- STATEMENT: “Please submit your exam fee before 28th February”.A notice at a institution.
a) Unless they are instructed through a notice, a number of students will not submit their exam fee.
b) The institute will be closed after 25th March.1 is implicit2 is implicitboth 1 and 2 are implicitneither 1 nor 2 are implicitnone of theseOption A
Second is irrelevant.
Directions (9-10): Consider the following series, 123 456 789 645 543
- What is the difference between largest digit of the largest number and the smallest digit of the smallest number?
Largest number is 789 and smallest number is 123. 9 – 1 = 8
- After arranging the numbers in descending order, which is the number which is third from right end?