- A container contains 192 lites of juice.A seller draws out x % of jiuice and replaced it with same quantity of water.He repeated the same process for three times.And juice content in mixture in only 81 litres.Then how much percent he withdrew every time?
15%20%25%35%None of theseOption C
81 = 192(1-x)^3
x =25 %
- A container contains 30 l mixture of milk and water in ratio p:q respectively.When 10 litres of mixture is taken out and replaced with water,then ratio becomes 2:3.Then what is the initial quantity of milk in the container?
12 l20 l15 l18 lNone of theseOption D
(p-10*p/p+y) / (q-10*q/(p+q)+10) = 2/3
2p-4/3q = 20
- “P” litres of mixture contains milk and water in ratio 4:3.If 13 litres of water is added then ratio becomes 1:1.Then what is the final quantity of water in the mixture?
48405242Nnone of theseOption C
4p/3p + 13 = 1
Water=3p+13=3*13+ 13 = 52 l
- Mani covered 180 km in 10 hours.The first part of his jounrney he covered by car,the he hired a auto.The speed of the car and auto is 25 kmph and 15 kmph respectively.The ratio of the distances covred by the car and and auto is what?
1:47:57:39:7None of theseOption B
Average speed=180/10 = 18 kmph
Ratio of time taken=7:3
Ratio of distaces= 7*15 : 3*25
- The ratio of paticle P and Q in container is 3:2 when 10 litres of mixrure is taken out and is replaced by the particle Q ,the ratio becomes 2:3.The total quantity of the mixture in the container is which of the following?
20 l30 l25 l35 lNone of theseOption B
2/3 = (1-10/)
- The price of a pencil and pen is Rs 60.The pencil was sold at 40% profit and the pen at a loss of 10%.If the seller gains Rs 4 in whole transaction,then how much is the cost price of pencil?
Rs 30Rs 15Rs 20Rs 25Nnone of theseOption C
40x/100 – 10(60-x) / 100 = 4
40x +10x = 400 + 600
- In a school lab,two solutions A with 90 percent purity and B with 96% purity are mixed resulting in 24 litres of mixture of 92% purity.How much is the qunatity of first solution,A in the resulting mixture?
16 l14 l12 l10 lNone of theseOption A
90x + (24-x) * 96 =24*92
- A container is filleed with liquid,four parts of which are water and 5 parts syrup.How much of the mixture must be drawn off and replaced with water so that the mixture may be half water and half syrup?
1/81/101/201/15None of theseOption B
So,9/10 * 1/9=1/10
- Wheat worth Rs 126/kg and Rs 134/kg are mixed with a third variety in ratio 1:1:2.If the mixture worth Rs 177/kg,the price of thrid per variety will be whihc of the following?
220225252224None of theseOption D
- A container contains 50 litres of milk.10 litres of this milk is takne out and replaced with water .this is repeated twice.Find the amount of remianing milk in mixture?
33 1/9 l200/9 l128/5 l29 2/3 lNone of theseOption C