Modern History Questions for various exams like SSC CGL, CPO, CHSL, High Court and other related exams.
- Why was the Simon Commission boycotted by the Indians?
A) it did not include any Indian as a member
B) it did not have any woman member
C) it was appointed before the stipulated time
D) it refused to meet prominent Indian leaders
- Who among the following started the first newspaper in India
A) Dadabhai Naoroji
B) WC Banerjee
C) Rabindranath Tagore
D) James A Hickey
- English education was introduced in India by
A) Lord Curzon
B) Jawaharlal Nehru
C) Lord Macaulay
D) Lord Dalhousie
- Who among the following was the first to sign the instruments of accession?
A) the Maharaja of Baroda
B) the Diwan of Travancore
C) the Nizam of Hyderabad
D) the Raja of Jodhpur
- Who said that Patriotism is religion and religion is love for India?
A) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
C) Swami Vivekananda
D) Vinoba Bhave
- Which one of the following is in correctly matched?
A) Columbus – 1492
B) Vasco da Gama – 1498
C) Magellan – 1520
D) Balboa – 1530
- When was the All India Women’s conference founded?
- The Kuka movement started in mid 19th century in
A) Western Punjab
D) Madhya Bharat
- Which scripture was called his mother by Gandhiji?
B) the new testament
C) Bhagavad Gita
D) the Holy Quran
- The split between the extremists and moderates came up in the year