Problems on Ages Bank PO, Insurance, SSC and other Exams with tricks
- The present age of Sumit is 1/8th of his father. After 4 years, the father’s age will be twice the age of Raman. If Raman celebrated his 6th birthday eight years ago, what is Sumit’s present age?
E) None of these
- Sita’s present age is five times of her daughter’s age and 1/3rd of her father’s age. If the average age of all the three is 28 years, then find the difference between Sita’s daughter’s age and her father’s age.
- Sheetal’s age at the time of her marriage was 4/5th of her present age. If she married 6 years ago and now she has a son who is 1/10th of her present age, then find the age of her son 5 years hence.
- Ram is 6 years elder then his brother and 5 years younger than her sister Sheena. When Sheena was born, her father’s age was 24 and when Ram’s brother was born his mother’s age was 29. Find the difference between ages of Ram’s father and his mother.
D) Cannot be determined
E) None of these
- When a couple was married, their average age was 22 years. When their first child was born, the average age of all the three became16 years. When their second child was born, the average of all 4 became 15 years. Find the average age of couple at the time when their second child was born.
- Five years ago, the ratio of ages of A and B was 5 : 3 and five years hence from now, the ratio will become 7 : 5. Find the average of their present ages.
- Four years ago, the ratio of ages of Vishal and Devansh was 3 : 5. Four years from now, the respective ratio will become 2 : 3. What is the ratio of age of Vishal 4 years ago and Devansh’s present age?
A) 4 : 5
B) 1 : 2
C) 6 : 11
D) 3 : 4
E) 9 : 13
- The average age of 10 men increased by 1 when two men of age 25 and 27 years are replaced by 2 other men. Find the average age of new men.
- The average age of a group of 20 men is 22 years. If two men whose age are 24 and 31 years respectively join the group, the average age of new group increase or decrease by
A) No increment , no decrement
B) increase by 0.5 year
C) decrease by 0.5 year
D) increase by 1 year
E) decrease by 1 year
- The ratio of present age of Tiya and Piya is 3 : 5 and the ratio of ages of Tiya 5 years ago and Piya 5 years hence is 1 : 3. Find the present age of Piya.