- A shopkeeper mark his copies at an advance of 69% on the actual cost of production.He allows a discount of 15% and also gives a copy free for every dozen sold at a time.What rate percent of profit does the shopkeeper make,if copies are sold in lots of 24?
35%38%36%42%None of theseOption B
Let C.P be Rs 100.
C.P of 25 copies=Rs 2500
S.P of 24 copies=143.65*24=Rs 3447.60
Percent of profit=947.6/2500 * 100 =38%
- Mani gain 25% by selling a table for Rs 47.50 and would gain by 15% by selling a sofa for Rs 57.50.He sells the table for Rs 45;What is the least price for which he must sell the sofa to avoid any loss on two together?
Rs 62Rs 65Rs 43Rs 45Rs 51Option C
CP of table-100/125 * 47.5 = Rs 38
CP of sofa=100/115 * 57.5
- A shopkeeper sells vegetables at cost price,but use false weights.He gains 40% in this manner.What weight does he subsitute for 1 kg?
716 1/7 gm714 2/7 gm800 gm815 gmNone of theseOption B
So,100-x/x * 1000 = 40
- A fruit vendor sells fruits at cost price only.But he uses 650 gm weight at the place of 1000 gm weight for a kg.What its his net profit percentage?
50%51 2/3%53 11/13%50 1/7%None of theseOption C
=350/650 * 100
- A shopkeeper sells wheat to a customer at a profit of x% over the CP,besides if he cheat his customer by giving 950 gm instead of 1 kg.Thus his overall percentage is 20%.Then find the value of x?
15101214Noone of theseOption D
- A shopkeeper sold 12 copies at a profit of 20% and 8 copies at a profit of 10%.If he had sold all the 20 copies at a profit of 15% ,then his profit would have been reduced by Rs 36.What is the cost price of each copy?
Rs 150Rs 165Rs 170Rs 180None of theseOption D
- When the vendor reduces the selling price of an item from Rs 1180 to Rs 1126,his loss increases by 5%.What is the cost price of the item?
Rs 1080Rs 1100Rs 1550Rs 950Rs 875Option A
5% of Cost price=1180 – 1126
CP=54 * 100/ 5 =Rs 1080
- Mani sold a pencil at Rs 96 in such a way that his percentage profit is same as the cost price of the pen.If he sells it at twice the percentage profit of its prevoius percentage profit the n the new selling price will be which of the folloing?
Rs 202Rs 150Rs 132Rs 155None of theseOption C
Let Cp be Rs x
New SP=60 * 220 / 100
- The prfit earned after selling pen for Rs 1680 is the same as the loss incurred after selling the item for Rs 1512.What is the cost price of the pen?
Rs 1540Rs 1500Rs 1596Rs 1495None of theseOption C
1680-x = x – 1512
x = 1596
- The cost price of two sofas is same.One is sold at a profit of 20% and te other Rs 5200 more than the first.If the net profit is 40%,find the cp of each sofa?
Rs 15400Rs 12000Rs 13000Rs 11000None of theseOption C