Quantitative Aptitude Questions for SBI PO, IBPS PO/Clerk, OICL, NIACL, NICL, LIC, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams.
- Rs. 1278 is divided among 6 men, 5 women and 3 boys. The ratio of share of a man, a woman and a boy is 8: 11: 13. What is the share of a man?
- A child has 3 different kinds of chocolates costing Rs 2, Rs 5 and Rs 10. He spends a total Rs. 140 on the chocolates. How many chocolate minimum and maximum we can buy with one condition we must buy from all varieties?
A) 19, 63
B) 20, 60
C) 22, 62
D) 17, 56
- There are two container of equal capacity . The ratio of milk to water in 1st can 5:3 and in 2nd can is 4:3. If they are mixed up, what is the new ratio?
- In a competitive exam, the number of passed students was four times the number of failed students. If there had been 35 fewer appeared students and 9 more had failed, the ratio of passed and failed students would have been 2 : 1, then the total number of students appeared for the exam ?
- If 8 men and 3 boys working together, can do four times as much work per hour as a man and a boy together. Find the ratio of the work done by a boy and that of a man for a given time ?
- Rs 1440 were distributed among A ,B,C and D in such a way that C and D together gets half of what A and B together gets and C gets one third amount of B. Also D gets 5/3 times as much as C. what is the amount of A?
- The value of a diamond is directly proportional to the square of its weight. A diamond unfortunately breaks into three pieces with weights in the ratio of 3: 4: 5, thus a loss of Rs. 9.4 lakh is incurred. What is the actual value of diamond:
- In a Temple every devotee offers fruits to the orphans. Thus every orphan receives Mango, apple and grapes in the ratio of 2 : 5 : 7 in terms of dozen. But the weight of a grape is 35 gm and weight of a mango and an apple are in the ratio of 5 : 6, while the weight of an apple is 180 gm. Find the ratio of all the three fruits in terms of weight, that an orphan gets:
- A cat leaps 6 leaps for every 4 leaps of a dog, but 4 leaps of the dog are equal to 5 leaps of the cat. What is the ratio of the speed of the cat to that of the dog?
- The students in three classes are in the ratio 8 : 9 : 11. If 15 students are increased in each class, the ratio changes to 11 : 12 : 14. Then the total number of students in the three classes before the increase is: