Directions(1-5):The table given below shows the distribution of the population of five different villages in 2016. It also shows the percentage of vegetarians in these villages. It also shows the percentage of vegetarians in these villages and the ratio of the male non-vegetarians to the female non-vegetarians.
- What are the average number of non-vegetarians people in villages A,B and C in 2016?
Required Average = (6240+8100+15000)/3 = 9780
- In village D and E, number of vegetarian females in 2016 is 5360 and 7940 resp. Find the difference between the male population of village D in 2016 and village E in 2016.
Number of male vegetarians in village D and E = 3640 and 6360 resp.
Male population in D and E in 2016 = 8640 and 10760 resp.
Desired Difference = 10760 – 8640 = 2120
- Vegetarian population and non-vegetarian of village D in 2017 increased by 20% and 10% resp. as compared to previous year. Population of village D in 2017 what percent less/more than its population in 2016?
Vegetarian Population of village D in 2017 = 9000*1.20 = 10800
Non-vegetarian population of village D in 2017 = 11000*1.10 = 12100
Total population of village D in 2017 = 10800+12100 = 22900
Required% = (22900-20000)/20000*100 = 14.5%
- Number of non-vegetarian females in village B in 2016 is what percentage less/more than the number of non-vegetarian males of village D in 2016?
Required% = (5000-4500)/5000*100 = 10%
- What is the ratio of the non-vegetarian males and females of village A in 2016 together to the number of non-vegetarian male in village C and D together ?
Required ratio = 6240: (8000+5000) = 12:25
- A train can cross a pole and a bridge 429 m long in 9 seconds and 22 seconds resp. Find the time taken by it to cross a platform 594 m long.
15 seconds22 seconds27 seconds20 seconds17 secondsOption C
Let the length of the train be x m.
Now, x/9 = (x+429)/22
=> x = 297 Speed of the train = 297/9 = 33 m/s
Time taken to cross the platform = (297+594)/33 = 27 seconds
- A shopkeeper marked an article at 75% above the cost price and sold it after two consecutive discounts of 20% and 25%. Find the cost price of the article if in this transaction he had a profit of Rs.750.
Let the CP of the article be Rs.x.
MP = 1.75*x = Rs.1.75x
SP = 0.75*0.80*1.75x = x+750
=> x = 15000
- Eight years ago, the ages of Raman and Chaman are in the ratio of 4:5 resp. 12 years from now, the ratio of the ages of Raman and Chaman are 13:15 resp. Find the present average age of Raman and Chaman.
44 years42 years33 years47 years40 yearsOption A
Let the ages of Raman and Chaman 8 years ago, 4x and 5x resp.
Present ages of them = 4x+8 and 5x+8
Therefore, (4x+8+12)/(5x+8+12)= 13/15
=> x = 8
So, the present ages of Raman and Chamna are 40 years and 48 years resp.
Present average age = (40+48)/4 = 44 years
- The population of Delhi in 2014 is x. The population f Delhi increases by 15% every year with respect to its previous year and the population of Delhi in 2017 is 608350. Find the value of x.
Value of x,
x = 608350*100/115*100/115*100/115
=> x = 400000
- Two cards are drawn from a well-shuffled deck of playing cards. What is the probability that atleast one card is a face card?(Jack, King and Queen are the face cards)
Total playing cards = 52
Face card = 12
Non-face cards = 40
Probability of atleast one face card = (12C1*40C1+12C2)/52C2 = 7/17