- Study the follwing and answer the questions:
a)x^2 – 55x + 750 = 0
b)y^2 – 60y + 900 = 0x>yxx is less than or equal to yx is greater than or equal to yx=y or relationship cannot be establishedOption C
x=25 , 30
y-30 , 30
- 2 , 4 , 12 , 44 , 176 , 890 .Find the wrong number?
- 10 , 11 , 15 , 42 , 296 , 3423.Find the wrong number?
- The number is increased by 8% and then decreased by 6%.Then the number so obtained is 91.2 more than original number.What is the original number?
Let it be y.
Therefore,original number=91.20/1.52 * 100
- X,Y and Z are partners.X’s money was used for 6 months and Y’s money was used for 8 months.Z had invested Rs 11900 for the whole year.At end of year,the profit among X,Y and Z was divided in ratio of 15:16:42.The total amount of money invested by X and Y together was which of the following?
Rs 12000Rs 12500Rs 15300Rs 14700Rs 15100Option C
Let money invested by X be Rs p and money invested by Y be Rs q
Also,q * 8/(11900*12)=16/42
- Ramesh borrowed Rs 4000 at rate of 8% p.a compunded annually.He paid Rs 500 at end of one year and Rs 1000 at end of second year.How much should he pay at end of 3rd year to finish his deal with lender?
Rs 3375.648Rs 3385.540Rs 2541.105Rs 4514.100None of theseOption A
Amount due after one year=108% of 4000-500=Rs 3820
Amount due after two years=108% of 3820 – 1000= Rs 3125.60
Amount due after three years=108% of 3125.60=Rs 3375.648
- What is permieter of circle whose area is equal to area of rectangle of lenght 84 cm and breadth 66 cm ?
250 cm264 cm275 cm280 cmNone of theseOption B
Let radius be r.
Pie r^2 =84*66
- The average of family of four memebers 7 years ago was 20 years.A child,having been born,the average age of family now is 22 years.What is the present age of child?
2 years1 years4 years5 yearsNone of theseOption A
Total age =20*4=80 years
Total present age of all 4 member=80+28=108
Total age of all 5 memebers=22*5=110 years
Therefore,age of child=110-108=2 years
- Total number of candidates in a college is 840 and ratio number of males to females is 13:8.Few females and 50 males joined the college due to which ratio of males to females becomes 3:2.The number of females who joined the college are which of the folliwng?
50406075None of theseOption C
Number of males in college-840/21*13=520
Number of females in college=840/21*8=320
Let the number of females who joined the college be x.
- Length of rectangle is incresed by 50 percent.By what percent should the width be reduced to maintain same area?
Let width reduced be x%.
Effective chnage=50-x-50 * x /100 = 50 – 3x/2