Directions(1-5): Answer the following questions based on the information given below:
The graph given below shows the sales of laptop by three different companies.
- The graph given below shows the sales of laptop by three different companies. What is the maximum percentage increase in the sale of laptops with respect to previous year by HP in the given period of time?
Required maximum % = (510-420)/420*100 = 21.42%
- If 80%, 62.5%, 60% and 90% of the laptops manufactured by Dell in the year 2014,2015,2016 and 2017 were sold in the respective years, find the total number of laptops manufactured from 2014 to 2017 by Dell.
Required total number of laptops
= 360/0.8 + 400/0.625 + 240/0.6 + 180/0.9 = 1690
- If the sale of laptops in 2014 by HP, Dell and Sony is 66.67%, 120% and 75% of the respective company’s previous year sale and the total number of laptops manufactured in 2013 is 2440,find the total number of unsold laptops in 2013.
Total sale of laptops in 2013
= 420*(3/2) + 360/1.2 + 750/0.75 = 1930
Required number of unsold laptops in 2013 = 2440 – 1930 = 510
- If the average number of laptops sold by Sony from 2014 to 2018 is 558, and the number of unsold Sony laptops in 2018 is 110, then find the number of laptops manufactured by Sony in 2018.
Number of Sony laptops sold in 2018
= 558*5 – (750 + 620 + 440 + 500) = 2790 – 2310 = 480
Number of Sony laptops manufactured in 2018 = 480 + 110 = 590
- The number of laptops sold in 2014,2015,2016 and 2017 by Lenovo are in the ratio of 3:7:8:5 resp. If the number of Lenovo laptops sold in 2016 is equal to the number of Dell laptops sold in 2015, find the total number of laptops sold by Lenovo in the given years together.
Number of Lenovo laptops sold in 2016 = 400
Total number of laptops sold by Lenovo in the given years together = 400/8*23 = 1150
- Find the ratio of number of chocolates of 5-star and Mars taken together to the number of chocolates of Dairy Milk and Twix taken together.
Required ratio = (48+72) : (60+24) = 10:7
- The number of chocolates of Mars distributed by Anu is what percentage more or less than the number of chocolates of 5-star distributed by Anu?
Required% = (72-48)/48*100 = 50%
- The ratio of price of one Dairy Milk and one Snickers is 5:4 resp. and total amount spent by Anu on Dairy Milk and Snickers is Rs.1776. Find the price of 3 Dairy Milk and 5 Snickers.
5x*60 + 4x*36 = 1176
=> x = 4
Price of one Dairy Milk and one Snicker is Rs.20 and Rs.16 resp.
Therefore, price of 3 Dairy Milk and 5 Snickers
= 20*3+16*5 = Rs.140
- Anu distributed all chocolates among his class of 60 students such that number of chocolates received by each girl is 2 more than the number of chocolates received by each boy and the number of chocolates received by each boy is 1 less than average number of chocolates received by each student. Find the ratio of number of boys to the number of girls in class.
Average number of chocolates received by each student
= 240/60 = 4
Number of chocolates received by each boy = 4-1 = 3
Number of chocolates received by each girl = 3+2 = 5
Let the number of boys be x.
And number of girls in class = (60-x) x*3 + (60-x)*5 = 240
=> x = 30
Ratio = 1:1
- The average number of chocolates of Dairy Milk, 5-star and Mars taken together is equal to the number of chocolates distributed of which of the given type?
Average number of these three chocolates = (60+48+72)/3
= 60(Dairy Milk)
Directions(6-10): Answer the questions based on the information given below:
The given pie-chart shows the percentage distribution of number of different types of chocolates distributed by Anu.
Total number of chocolates distributed = 240