Directions (1-5): The given chart shows the percentage of expenditure of Francis, Shyam, Ragan, Emi and Tina in a family.Total Expenditure=Rs.20,000
- What is the average amount of money spends by Ragan, Francis and Shyam together?
= (35 + 10 + 18)/(3 * 100) * 20000
- If the ratio of income to savings is 5:1, then what is the savings of the family?
Expenditure = 5x – x = 4x
4x = 20000
x = Rs.5000
- If the family bought only watch and shirt for Shyam and the cost price of the watch is Rs.1200, then what is the cost price of shirt?
Shyam = 10/100 * 20000 = Rs.2000
CP of shirt = 2000 – 1200 = Rs.800
- What is the difference between the amounts spends on Emi and Tina?
Difference = 25 – 12/100 * 20000 = Rs.2600
- What is the central corresponding angle of Francis?
Required angle = 360 * 35/100 = 126 degree
- If half of the students in violet group are male then what is the percentage of girls ?
Total no.of students = 5500 , violet = 32%,
Half of violet =16%
=>girls 16%, boys16%
No.of girls 16% of 5500=880 .
- What is the total number of students in yellow and red group?
no of students in yellow group 11 % of 5500 =605
no of students in red group 12 % of 5500 =660
- What is the ratio of students in green and blue group?
no of students in green group 18 % of 5500 =990
no of students in blue group 26 % of 5500 =1430
ratio= 990:1430 = 99 :143=9:13
- In each group 1% of students are selected as school volunteers .How many number of volunteers are there ?Approx
No. of students in green group =990
1% =9.9 = 10
No. of students in red group =660
1% =6.6 = 7
No. of students in yellow group =605
1% =6.05= 6
No of students in blue group =1430
1% =14.3= 14
No. of students in violet group =1815
1% =18.15 = 18
So total volunteers = 10+ 7+ 6+ 14+18=55.
- Rs. 5 is collected from red group for inaugural function. How much amount will be collected?
No .of students in red group =660
Collected amount = 660x 5 = Rs.3300
Directions (6-10): Total number of students in a school = 5500.