Questions (1-5): Study the following pie-chart and the table and answer the questions based on them.
- If the population of town C in 2012 is 25000, then what will be the population of town E below poverty line in that year?
C in 2012
10 ….. 25000
13 ? ==>32500.
E below poverty line
100 ….. 32500
- The ratio of population of town A below poverty line to that of town D below poverty line in 2012 is
Let X be the total population of all the 6 towns.
Then, population of town A below poverty line = 42% of (15% of X)
population of town D below poverty line = 30% of (26% of X)
ratio= 42% of (15% of X) / 30% of (26% of X)
- Find the population of town A if the population of town C below poverty line in 2012 is 8000.
C in below poverty
40 … 8000
Population in town A
10 …. 20000
15 ?==> 30,000.
- If in 2013, the population of town B and F increase by 10% each and the percentage of population below poverty line remains unchanged for all the town, then find the population of town F below poverty line in 2013, given that the population of town B in 2012 was 22000.
B in 2012 is 22000
Then F in 2012
22 …. 22000
Both increased 10% in 2013
F in Below poverty in 2013
32 ?==> 4928.
- If the population of town A in 2012 is 30000, then what will be the population of town B in that year?
A in 2012
15 …. 30000
22 … ?==> 44000.
Directions (6-10) Study the following graph carefully to answer the questions that follow
The following line graph gives distance (in km) travelled by five different cars in a day.
- What is the respective ratio of the distance travelled by car B to the distance travelled by car D?
- What is the average distance travelled by all the cars together ?
- If car C covered the given distance at the average speed of 50 km/hr, what was the time taken by it to cover this distance?
Car C time taken =250/50
- The distance traveled by car A is approximately what per cent of the total distance travelled by car D and C together ?
- If the time taken by car E to cover the given distance was10 hours, what was the average speed of the car ?