- Akash, Brijesh and Ceom enter into a partnership and their shares are in ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4, after 2 months, Akash withdraws half of his capital and after 12 months, a profit of Rs 1050 is divided among them. What is Brijesh’s share ?
Rs 400Rs 450Rs 500Rs 550None of theseOption A
Ratio of investments =1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4 , LCM of 2, 3, 4 = 12 ,
multiply ratios with 12 we get 6 : 4 : 3 , so,initial investment be 6x, 2x and 3x.
=(6x X 2 + 3x X 10 ) : (4x X 12) :(3x X 12) = 7:8:6
Brijesh’s share= (8/21) x 1050 = Rs 400
- P started a business with Rs. 21,000 and is joined afterwards by Q with Rs. 36,000. After how many months did Q join if the profits at the end of the year are divided equally?
4 months5 months3 months7 monthsNone of theseOption B
Let B joined after x months
Then, 21000 x 12 = 36000 x (12 – x)36 = 180x = 5
Hence, B joined after 5 months
- A and B are partners in a business. A contributes 1 / 4 of the capital for 15 months and B received 2 / 3 of the profit, for how long B’s money was used ?
9 months11 months10 months8 monthsNone of theseOption C
Let total profit is x.
Then B’s share in profit= (2/3)x
so A’s share in profit= x- (2/3)x =x/3
so,we get ratios of profit of A :B :: 1:2
Let total capital invested be Rs P and A’s money was used for 15 months while B’s money was used for b months .
then, (1/4)P X 15 divide by (3/4)P x b = 1/2 [ Capital x time =profit]so,we get b=10
B’s money was used for 10 months
- In a business Priyanka and Riya invested amounts in the ratio 2 :1, whereas the ratio between amounts invested by Priyanka and Quetzal was 3 : 2 . If Rs. 2,236 was their profit, how much amount did Quetzal receive ?
Rs 666Rs 652Rs 688Rs 672Rs 676Option C
Priyanka : Quetzal = 3 : 2 , Priyanka : Riya = 2 : 1 [given]Quetzal : Priyanka = 2 : 3 [reverse], Quetzal : Priyanka = 4 : 6 [multiply by 2]Now, Priyanka : Riya = 2 : 1
Priyanka : Riya = 6 : 3 [multiply by 3]Priyanka : Quetzal =6 : 4 [after x3], So Quetzal : Priyanka : Riya = 4 : 6 : 3
or, Priyanka : Quetzal: Riya = 6 : 4 : 3
Quetzal’s share= 4/13 x 2236=Rs.688
- A and B started a partnership business investing some amount in the ratio of 3:5. C joined them after six months with an amount equal to that of B. In what proportion should the profit at the end of one year be distributed among A,B and C?
2:5:78:11:156:10:5Cannot be determinedNone of theseOption C
Let the initial investments of A and B be 3a amd 5a.
A : B : C = (3a x 12) : (5a x 12) : (5a x 6) = 36 : 60 : 30 = 6 : 10 : 5.
- Akash, Brijesh and Caryl jointly start a business venture with a agreement that Akash would invest Rs. 13,000 for 6 months, Brijesh, Rs. 16,800 for 5 months and Caryl, Rs. 20,000 for 3 months. Akash wants to be the working member for which he was to receive 5% of the profits. The profit earned was Rs. 14800 Calculate the share of Brijesh in the profit?
Rs 5320Rs 4840Rs 4500Rs 4750None of theseOption A
Akash receives = 5% of Rs. 14800 = Rs. 740.
Balance = Rs. (14800 – 740) = Rs. 14060
Ratio of their investments = (13000 x 6) : (16,800 x 5) : (20000 x 3) = 78000 : 84000 : 60000 = 13 : 14 : 10
Brijesh’s share = Rs.14060 x 14/37 = Rs 5320
- A,B and C invested Rs. 16000, Rs. 8000 and Rs. 16000 respectively to open a business. A left after 6 months. If after 8 months, there was a gain of Rs. 8010, then what will be the share of B?
Rs 1500Rs 1450Rs 1780Data inadquateNone of theseOption C
- P,Q and R enter into a partnership with P’s contribution Rs. 20,000. If out of a total profit of Rs. 2000, P gets Rs.100 and Q gets Rs. 600, R gets Rs 400 then R’s capital is which of the following?
Rs 4000Rs 5500Rs 7500Rs 8000None of theseOption D
P:Q:R = 1000 : 600 : 400 = 5 : 3 : 2.
Let their capitals be 5x, 3x, 2x respectively.
Then, 5x = 20000 x =Rs 4000.
R’s capital = 2x = Rs. 8000.
- R and S invested in a partnership business. R invests Rs. 70,000 for 8 months and S invests Rs. 84,000 for 10 months. Out of a profit of Rs. 63140, R’s share is which of the following?
Rs 25256Rs 25461Rs 42515Rs 35151None of theseOption A
- P starts business with Rs. 7000 and after 5 months, Q joins with P as his partner. After 1 year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2 : 3. What is Q’s contribution in the capital?
Rs 15000Rs 18000Rs 14000Rs 16000None of theseOption B