- If 45% of P is equal to 60% of Q, then find 9P is what percent of 12Q ?
- Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than the 3rd number. What percent is the 1st number of the 2nd number ?
solution: let the 3rd number =100
% required = 120/150*100=80%
- A man spends 50% of his monthly salary in food and rent, 20% of remaining spends education of children and 25% of the remaining in entertainment. Find his yearly salary if he s left with rs.4200 in end of monthly as savings.
solution: let his monthly salary =x
his yearly salary=12*14000=168000
- The population of a village is increased by 20% in 2019 and decreased by 25% in 2020. Find the population of village in the end of 2020, if the population of village in 2018 is 9600.
7500850090008640none of theseOption D
solution: the population of village in 2020=9600*120/100*75/100=8640
- The length of a rectangle is 20cm and breadth is 5cm. The length decreases by 10% and the breadth deacreses by 20%, what is % change in area.
-28-30-32-40none of theseOption A
solution:Now percentage change in area=[-x-y+xy/100]%
- 720 sweets were distributed equally amongst children in such a way that number of sweets received by each child is 20% of the total number of children. How much sweets did each child received ?
solution: let the total number of children be x
number of sweets received by each child=720/60=12
- Minu scored 35% marks and failed by 60 marks. If she scored 55% marks and she passes by 40 marks. Find by how much marks would she fail or pass if she scored 49% marks ?
10 marks , fail10 marks ,pass12 marks, pass20 marks, failnone of theseOption B
49% marks =245
she will pass by (245-235)=10 marks
- An amount of rs.44000 is divided among P, Q & R. The share of R is 10% more than share of P, while share of P is 20% more than share of Q, then find the sum of share of P & R ?
solution: let share of Q=100
share of P=100*120/100=120
share of R=120*110/100=132
Ratio f P:Q:R= 120:100:132
- A fraction is such that it we increase the numerator by 20% and decrease the denominator by 10%, we get 5/9 as a fraction, then find the original fraction.
6/134/99/125/12none of theseOption D
- If Rahul’s salary is 30% more than that of Ram’s salary, then how much percent is salary of Ram less than that of Rahul ?
solutions: let Ram’s salary =100
required %= 30/130*100