- In an election between two candidates, the winner got 57% of the total votes cast and won the election by a majority of 3080 votes. What is the total number of votes cast if no vote is declared invalid?
Winner gets 57% of valid votes and loser gets 43% of votes.
Difference between this two= 3080.
(57-43)% = 3080
100% …. ? ==>22000.
- A and B are two fixed points 8 cm apart and C is a point on AB such that AC is 5cm. if the length of AC is increased by 10%, the length of CB is decreased by
16 2/3%12 1/5%14%12%NoneOption A
AC = 5cm.
BC = 3 cm.
AC increased by 10% ie 10% of 5=0.5
Then BC decreased by 3….. 100
… 0.5.. ? ==>50/3=16 2/3%.
- An ore contains 25% of an alloy that has 90% iron. Other than this, in the remaining 75% of the ore, there is no iron. How many kilograms of the ore are needed to obtain 60 kg of pure iron?
Let there is 100 kg of ore.
25% ore contains 90% of Iron that means 25 kg contains
25*90/100 = 22.5 kg Iron.
22.5 kg Iron contains 100 kg of ore.
Then, 1 kg of iron contains = 25/100 kg ore
Now, 60 kg iron contains = 100*60/22.5 = 266.66 kg ore.
- A girl, after giving away 80% of his pocket money to one companion and 6% of the remainder to another , has 94 paise left with her . How much pocket money did the girl have in the beginning(in rupees)?
Let the girl has Rs x.
- If the price of petrol increases by 20% and Raj intends to spend only an additional 15% on petrol, by how much % will he reduce the quantity of petrol purchased?
Let Old Price 100
Then new price 120
Intend to spend 115
5/120*100 = 25/6% Reduction.
- A number x is mistakenly divided by 10 instead of being multiplied by 10. what is the percentage error in the result?
Actual result = 10x
By mistake it has been divided by 10 = x /10
% change = [10x -(10 /x) /10x] *100 = 99
= – 99%.
Since, actual value is greater than the wrong value.
- The length, breadth and height of a room are in ratio 6:4:1. If breadth and height are halved while the length is doubled, then the total area of the four walls of the room will
Decrease by 30%Remain the sameDecrease by 25%Decrease by 15%NoneOption A
Let l b h be 6, 4, 1 .
Area of walls =2(l+b)*h=2(6+4)*1=20sq.unit
Then New ratio be 12:2:1/2
% decrease in the area of walls = (20-14)*100/20 = 30%.
- In an institute, 60% of the students are boys and the rest are girls. Further 15% of the boys and 7.5% of the girls are getting a fee waiver. If the number of those getting a fee waiver is 90, find the total number of students getting 50% concessions if it is given that 50% of those not getting a fee waiver are eligible to get half fee concession?
Let total students = x
(15/100*60/100*x) + (7.5/100*40/100*x) = 90
number of students who are not getting fee waiver=750-90=660
50% of those not getting a fee waiver are eligible=660/2=330
- The price of bike rises by 40 percent while the sales of the bike come down by 20%. What is the percentage change in the total revenue?
- Two workers X and Y are paid a total of Rs. 675 per week by their employer. If X is paid 125 percent of the sum paid to Y, how much is Y paid per week?
Let the sum paid to Y per week be Rs. a.
Then a+ 125/100*a=675