- The ratio between the ages of M and N is 4 : 6 respectively. If the ratio between the one-third age of M and half of N’s age is 6 : 7, then what is the age of N?
15years24years20yearsData InadequateNoneOption D
- Swetha’s present age is four years more than twice her age 22 years ago. Also, the ratio of Smithi’s present age to Swetha’s present age is 4 : 5. What will be Smithi’s age after 5 years?
Ratio of smithi : swetha
5x =2(5x-22) + 4
Smithi’s present age=4*8=32years.
After 5years her age is 32+5=37years.
- If 6 years are subtracted from the present age of Mosses and the remainder is divided by 18, then the present age of his grandson Anu is obtained. If Anu is 2 years younger to Harish whose age is 5 years, then what is the age of Mosses?
A = 3 years
M = 3 × 18 + 6 = 60 years.
- The average age of Mano and Gautham is 35 years. If Karthik replaces Mano, the average age becomes 32 years and if Karthik replaces Gautham, then the average age becomes 38 years. If the average age of Sharmi and Isha be half of the average age of Mano, Gautham and Karthik, then the average age of all the five people is
Average of M,G and K=105/3=35
Average of all=(105+35)/5
- One year ago, Charu was four times as old as her daughter Darji. Six years hence, Charu’s age will exceed her daughter’s age by 9 years. The ratio of the present ages of Charu and her daughter is
Ratio 1year ago 4x, 1x
Then [(4x+1)+6] – [(x+1)+6]=9
- The average age of 10 students and their teacher’s age is 15 yr. If teachers age is excluded, then the average reduced by 2. What is the teacher’s age?
Teacher’s age= a (+ or -) nd
=15 + (10*2)
- The present ages of three persons are in proportions 3 : 4 : 5. Ten years ago, the sum of their ages was 42. Find their present ages (in years)
Present ratio 3:4:5
Sum ten years ago =42
At present Sum 42+30=72
Their present age is 18,24,30.
- The respective ratio between the present ages of X and Y is 7 : 8. Ten years ago the respective ratio between their ages was 5 : 6. How old is Z if his present age is 8 years less than X’s present age?
Ratio Before 10years=5 : 6
5x+10 /6x+10 =7/8
x’s present age is 7*5=35years.
Then Z’s age =35-8
- The sum of the ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 4 years each is 65 years. What is the age of the eldest child?
Let the ages of children be x, x+4, x+8, x+12, x+16
Then x + x+4 + x+8 + x+12 + x+16 = 65
5x + 40=65
- In a family, a couple has a son and daughter. The age of the son is 1/3 of his mother. Father’s age is four times the son’s age. The wife is ten years younger to her husband and the brother is three years older than his sister. What is the age of the mother?
Let the mother’s age be
Son’s age x/3
Daughter’s age=x/3 – 3