- The ratio of the age of brother to that of his sister at present is 9:6 and the ratio of the sister to that of his niece will be 1:2.What is the ratio of the present age of the brother to that of niece ?
3:41:23:62:5None of theseOption A
=9:6 :: 1:2
- Jaya’s present age is one fourth of his mother’s age two years ago. Jaya’s mother’s age will be twice Riya’s age after 10 years. If Riya’s 12th birthday was celebrated 2 years ago, then what is Jaya’s present age ?
6 years9 years7 years8 yearsNone of theseOption B
Riya =12+2 =14
Jaya’s mother = x+10 =2(10+14)
x =48-10 = 38
Jaya age = 36/4 =9 years
- The sum of the age of mother and his son is 62 years. After 5 years, the age of mother will be five times that of the daughter. What is the age of the daughter ?
9 years4 years5 years7 yearsNone of theseOption D
Daughter age = 62-5(5-1)/5+1 = 62-20/6 = 7 years
- The present age of Shreya is twice that of his sister. Five years hence the ratio of their ages will be 21:13. What is the present age of her sister ?
8 years7 years6 years5 yearsNone of theseOption A
2y+5/y+5 = 21/13
26y+65 = 21y+105
y = 8 years
- 18 years ago the ratio of X’s age to Y’s age was 8:13.Present age of their ages ratio is 5:7.What is the present age of Y ?
65 years70 years85 years75 yearsNone of theseOption B
56y+126 = 65x+90
9y = 36
Y = 13*4 + 18 = 70 years
- Average age of a group of 32 persons is 26 years. If a new person is included then the average age rises by 1 year,then the present age of new person will be which of the following?
59 years52 years55 yearsCannot be determinedNone of theseOption A
- The ages of A and B are in the ratio of 8 : 5 respectively. After 5 years the ratio of their ages will be 7:5. What is the difference in years between their ages?
5 years4 years2 years6 yearsNone of theseOption D
- A is younger than D by 9 years. If the ratio of their ages is 7:9, find the age of D?
37 years41 years39 years45 yearsNone of theseOption B
y/y+9 = 7/9
9y = 7y+63
y = 63/2 = 31.5 =32
D age = 32+9 = 41 years
- 8 years ago, Brijesh’s age was four greater than Rashi’s age that time. Also the ratio of Rashi’s age to Brijesh’s 8 years after will be 6 : 7. Find the ratio of Rashi’s age to that of Brijesh’s age 4 years after?
1:23:45:64:5None of theseOption C
Rashi = p, Brijesh = q
8 years ago, (p-8) + 4 = (q-8) . This gives p – q = -4
After 8 years, (p+8)/ (q+8) = 6/7. This gives 7p – 6q = -8
Solve both equations, p = 16, q = 20
So required ratio = (16+4) : (20+4) = 20 : 24 = 5 : 6
- Rashi’s age is 10 years more than Riya’s age. Also Rashi was twice old as Riya 15 years ago. What will be the age of Rashi 6 years after?
41 years40 years38 years35 yearsNone of theseOption A
Riya = x, Rashi = x+10
(x+10) – 15 = 2(x-15)