- Four years ago, the ratio of the ages of Akansha and Banya was 5 : 9. 8 years hence the ratio will be 2 : 3 respectively. Find the present age of Banya?
40 years45 years48 years52 yearsNone of theseOption A
Let 4 years ago Akansha’s age = 5x, Banya’s age = 9x
Then 4+8 = 12 years after – (5x+12)/(9x+12) = 2/3
Solve, x = 4
Banya’s present age = 9x+4 = 40
- Eight years ago, Akansha was 4 times as old as Banya. After 8 years Akansha will be twice as old as Banya. What are their ages respectively?
42 and 1840 and 1645 and 2050 and 25None of theseOption B
- Present age of Banya is twice that of Akansha. 4 years hence Banya’s age will be 4 less than twice the age of Akansha. Find the difference in their ages?
8654Cannot be determinedOption E
Let Akansha’s present age = x,
Then Banya’s present age = 2x
After 4 years, (2x+4) = 2(x+4) – 4
0 = 0
- Brijesh is twice older than Caryl and Akash is 2 years older than Brijesh. If the total of all of their ages is 27, what will be total of the ages of Akash and Caryl 6 years hence?
25 years29 years28 years27 yearsNone of theseOption B
Let Caryl’s present age = x,
then Brijesh’s = 2x, and Akash’s = 2x+2
Given: x+2x+(2x+2) = 27
Solve it, x = 5
Akash’s present age = 2x+2 = 12
Caryl’s present age = x = 5
6 years after Akash+Caryl)’s age = 12+5+6+6 = 29
- The ratio of the present ages of Akansha to Banya is 5 : 3. The ratio of Akansha’s age 4 years ago to Banya’s age 4 years hence is 1 : 1. What is the ratio of Akansha’s age 4 years hence to Banya’s age 4 years ago?
3:11:52:34:5None of theseOption A
Let Akansha’s present age = 5x, and Banya’s = 3x
Ratio of Akansha’s age 4 years ago to Banya’s age 4 years hence is 1 : 1. So
(5x-4)/(3x+4) = 1/1
Solve x = 4
So Akansha’s present age = 20, and Banya’s = 12
Required ratio = (20+4) : (12-4)
- Age of Akansha is three times the sum of ages of Brijesh and Caryl. 5 years hence, Akansha’s age will be twice the sum of ages of Brijesh and Caryl. The total of their present ages is which of the following?
60 years55 years58 years62 yearsNone of theseOption A
Let (Brijesh+Caryl)’s present age= x
Then Akansha’s present age = 3x
After 5 years, (3x+5) = 2*(x+5+5)
Solve, x = 15
Sum = x+3x = 4x = 60 years
- The sum of the age of mother and his daughter is 62 years. After 5 years, the age of mother will be five times that of the son. What is the age of the son ?
7 years6 years8 yearsCannot be determinedNone of theseOption A
Son = 62-5(5-1)/5+1 = 62-20/6 = 42/6 = 7 years
- The sum of ages of Kashish and Sunita at present is 28 years more than the present age of Yash.The present age of Sunita is 6 years more than the age of Yash.What is the present age of Kashish ?
22 years20 years25 years32 yearsNone of theseOption A
Sunita = Yash+6
Kashish+Sunita = Yash+28
Kashish+Yash+6 = Yash+28
Kashish = Yash+28-Yash-6
Kashish = 22 years
- Average age of a group of 32 candidates is 26 years. If a professor is included then the average age rises by 1 year,then the present age of professor is which of the following?
57 years59 years58 years60 years62 yearsOption B
- Sunita was thrice as old as Sarvesh 5 years back. Sunita will be 7/3 times as old as Sarvesh 5 years hence. How old is Sarvesh today?
26 years24 years28 years30 yearsNone of theseOption A
(7/3) * (X +10) = (3X + 10)
7(x+ 10) = 3(3x+ 10)
7x+70 = 9x+30
X = 20
Sarvesh Age = 20+6 = 26 years