- Shivani bought 30 liters of milk at the rate of Rs.8 per liter. She got it churned after spending Rs.10 and 5 kg of cream and 30 liter of toned milk were obtained. If she sold the cream at Rs.30 per kg and toned milk at Rs.4 per liter, her profit in the transaction is which of the following?
8%5%4%9%None of theseOption A
CP =Rs.(30 x 8 + 10) = Rs.250
SP = Rs. (30 x 5 + 30 x 4) = Rs.270
Profit% = (20/250 x 100)% = 8%
- When a article is sold for Rs.3400, there is a loss of 2%. What is cost price of the item?
Rs 3469.34Rs 3500.25Rs 2500.21Rs 4500.65None of theseOption A
- Jaya bought a fridge with 20% discount on the labelled price. Had she bought at it with 30% discount, she would have saved Rs. 500 more. At what price did she buy the fridge?
Rs 5000Rs 2000Rs 3500Rs 4500None of theseOption A
Let the labelled price be Rs.y.
Then,(80% of y)- (70% of y) = 500
10% of y =500
100%…x= (500 x 100/10)=Rs 5000
- Himani sold 10 shoes for a total profit of Rs. 460 and 12 shoes for a total profit of Rs. 144. At what profit per shoes should she sell the remaining 20 shoes so that she gets an average profit of Rs. 18 per shoes?
Rs 5.60Rs 7.60Rs 5.00Rs 4.50None of theseOption B
Total profit = Rs.(42 x 18) = Rs.756
Profit on 22 shoes = Rs. (460 + 144) = Rs. 604
Profit on 20 shoes = Rs. (756 – 604) = Rs. 152
Average profit on these shoes = Rs.(152/20) = Rs. 7.60
- Suman purchased 20 dozen copy at Rs. 48 per dozen. She sold 8 dozen at 10% profit and remaining 12 dozen with 20% profit. What is her profit percentage in the transaction?
14%16%10%12%None of theseOption B
- Rashi buys shoes for 10% less than its value and sells it for 10% more than its value. Her gain or loss percent is which of the following?
More than 20% profitLess than 10% profitMore than 15% profitCannot be determinedNone of theseOption A
Let the article be worth Rs. y.
C.P. = 90% of Rs. y. = Rs.(9/10)x S.P. = 110% of Rs.y = Rs.(11/10)y
Gain = Rs.11/10y- 9/10y=(1/5)y
gain %=(2/5y) x (10/9y) x 100 =44.46% >20%
- Jason bought 25 mango for Rs.10 and sold them at the rate of 24 mango for Rs.12. What is the percentage of profit made by him?
25%20%15%10%None of theseOption A
CP of 1 mango=10/25=2/5
SP of 1 mango=12/24=1/2
%= [(1/10) / (2/5) ] x 100 =25%
- If a shirt is sold at 20% more than its usual price, an extra profit of Rs.120 would be made on it. find its usual selling price?
Rs 600Rs 200Rs 500Rs 250None of theseOption A
- The loss made by selling 20 m of a shirt equals the cost price of 5 m of that shirt. Find the loss percentage?
10%25%35%20%None of theseOption B
- A sold a camera at 20% profit to B. B sold it to C at 30% loss. C bought the camera for Rs.840. find the cost price of C, had A sold the camera to B at 30% loss and B sold it to C at 20% profit ?
Rs 840Rs 800Rs 950Rs 900None of theseOption A