- After allowing a discount of 25% on the market price of an table, there is a gain of 20%. What is the profit % if the table is sold at market price i.e. allowing no discount?
60%55%52%68%None of theseOption A
Let MP =Rs 100
SP of table= Rs 75,
then Discount = 25
Gain = 20%
CP = (100/120) * 75 = 62.5
So Profit% when no discount = [100-62.5/62.5]*100
- A table is marked 10% above the cost price. When the selling price of a table is increased by 20% the profit gets increased by Rs 96. If the marked price of the table is Rs 440, then find original selling price?
Rs 440Rs 480Rs 515Rs 520None of theseOption B
MP = 440,
Also given MP = (110/100)*CP, so CP = Rs 400
Now SP – 400 = P
And given that, when SP increased by 20%:
(120/100)*SP – 400 = P + 96
- An item is sold at a discount of 25% and still there is a gain of 20% on it. Find the marked price of the item if it costs Rs 525?
Rs 800Rs 840Rs 850Rs 875None of theseOption B
M.P. = (100 + p%)/(100 – d%) * C.P.
- There is a loss of 25% on an item when it is sold at 3/5th the previous selling price. What is the actual profit% on it?
100%30%25%45%None of theseOption C
- An item is sold for Rs 400 in which the seller fetches 25% profit. If 6 such items are sold for Rs 2400, then the percent profit/loss incurred by the seller is which of the following?
25% Profit20% Loss25% Loss20% ProfitNone of theseOption A
% profit = [(400 – 320)/320]*100 = 25%
- Rishabh bought 20 kg of vegetables at rupees 30 per kg and 40 kg of vegetables at 35 rupees per kg. Now he sold the entire lot at 45 rupees per kg. Find the amount of loss or profit made by Risabh?
Rs 600Rs 650Rs 700Rs 750None of theseOption C
Total CP = 20*30 + 40*35 = 2000
Total SP = 45*60 = 2700
Profit made = rS700
- Tanishq declared 20 percent discount on its ornaments. Rashi bought ornaments worth Rs 30000 after getting discount. Now she fixed the selling price of the ornaments in such a way that she got a profit of 15% on the marked price. Find the selling price of the ornaments?
Rs 35625Rs 35500Rs 36100Rs 35400None of theseOption A
MP = 37500, CP = 30000
Profit = (15/100)*37500 =5625
SP = 30000+5625 =Rs 35625
- A dealer sells a cow for Rs 600 and there by gains 20 percent. He sells another cow at 5 percent loss and on the whole there is no loss no profit. Find the cost price of the second cow?
Rs 2000Rs 1500Rs 1000Rs 2500Rs 2550Option A
- If a discount of 10% is given on the marked price of the item then the seller gains 20% profit. Find the percent profit if the item is sold at 20 percent discount?
20/3%15/8%10/7%25/3%None of theseOption A
Let MP = Rs 100
90 = (120/100)*cp, cp = 75
Now discount = 20% so, SP = 80
% profit = [(80 – 75)/75]*100 = 20/3%
- Risabh buys some oranges at the rate of four for a rupee and same numbers of guavas at three for a rupee. To make a profit of 25%, Risabbh should sell a 6 oranges for how much?
Rs 5.00Rs 4.75Rs 4.50Rs 3.50Rs 3.80Option B
CP = 6/4 + 6/3 = 3.5
Now SP = (125/100)*3.5 =Rs 4.75