Profit and Loss Questions for IBPS PO, IBPS RRB, NICL, UIICl, OICL, RBI Grade B/Assisatant, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams.
- If Joel sells an article at 4/5th of its selling price and secures a profit of 20%, what will be the profit or loss percentage if he sells it at the actual selling price?
- A product costs a company Rs 60 to manufacture, and it sold the product to a dealer for Rs 70, who in turn sold it to a shopkeeper for Rs 85, who sold to a customer for Rs 102. What is the percentage of profit for the company and who made the highest profit on selling the product?
A) 20 1/3%, Company
B) 16 2/3%, Dealer
C) 20 1/3% ,Dealer
D) 16 2/3%, Shopkeeper
- Navya buys a certain number of toys at 12 per Rs 9 and the same number at 18 per Rs 9. If she sells them at 18 per Rs15 does she gain or lose and by what percentage?
A) 33 1/3 % loss
B) 12% gain
C) 33 1/3 % gain
D) 12% loss
- A shopkeeper sells Marker at the rate of Rs.35 each and earns a commission of 10%. He also sells Gel pen at the rate of Rs. 65 each and earns a commission of 20%. How much amount (in rupees) of commission will he earn in 2 weeks, if he sells 12 markers and 8 Gel pens a day?
- A discount of 20% is given on the marked price of an article. The shopkeeper charges sales tax of 10% on the discounted price. If the selling price be Rs 1848, what is the marked price (in rupees) of the article?
- A calculate his profit %ge on the selling price whereas B calculate his on the cost price. They find that the difference of their profit is Rs 150. If the selling price of both of them are same and both of them get 20% profit, find their selling price (in rupees).
- A person sells two fans for Rs. 6800. The cost price of the first fan is equal to the selling price of the second fan. If the first is sold at 30% loss and the second at 100% gain, what is total profit or loss (in rupees)?
- A dealer allowed a discount of 25% on marked price of Rs.20,000 on an article and incurred a loss of 20%. What discount should he allow on the marked price so that he gains Rs.450 on the article?
- A dealer marked the price of an item 20% above cost price. He allowed two successive discounts of 20% and 25% to a customer. As a result he incurred a loss of Rs.1400. At what price (in rupees) did he sell the item to the customer?
- A reputed company sells a wrist watch to a wholesaler making a profit of 10%. The wholesaler, in turn, sells it to the retailer making a profit of 10%. A customer purchases it by paying Rs. 990. Thus the profit of retailer is 2(3/11)% What is the cost (in rupees) incurred by the the company to produce it?