- In a class 70% of the students pass in English and 50% pass in Tamil. If 30% of them pass in both subjects, what percentage of the students fail in both the subjects?
%ge of student passed in English only=70-30=40
%ge of student passed in Tamil only=50-30=20
%ge of student passed in both=30
%ge of failed student=100-(40+20+30)
- A mixture of a certain quantity of milk with 10 litres of water is worth Rs 4 per litre. If pure milk be worth Rs 9 per litre how much milk is there in the mixture?
Let the total quantity of mixture be x.
Then pure milk=18-10=8l.
- Priya’s age 8 years ago is equal to the sum of present ages of her son and her daughter. 5 years hence, the ratio between her son’s age and her daughter’s age will be 7 : 6 respectively. Priya’s husband is 7 years elder than her. Her husband’s present age is thrice the present age of his son. What is their daughter’s present age?
Let 5 years hence, son and daughter age be 7x and 6x years resp.
Present age of son = (7x – 5)
Present age of daughter = (6x – 5)
Present age of mother = (13x – 10 + 8)
= (13x – 2)
Poorvi’s husband’s age = 13x – 2 + 7
= (13x + 5)
13x + 5 = 3 (7x – 5)
13x + 5 = 21x – 15
x = 2.5
Daughter’s present age = 6 × 2.5 – 5 = 10 yrs.
- P can finish a piece of work by himself in 45 days. Q, who is 1/8 times more efficient as P, requires X days to finish the work by working all by himself. What is the value of X?
- A retailer purchased Branded watch at the rate of Rs. 1200 each from a wholesaler. He marked up the price by 30% and allowed a discount of 10% on each. Then find the profit percentage?
1200 …………………….. 100
- If a Man’s working hours per day was increased by 25% and his wage per hour was increased by 10%. By how much per cent was his daily earning increased?
Let X be the working hrs and y be the wages.
- A sum of Rs. 6,192 is distributed among A, B and C, such that A receives 25% more than B and B receives 25% less than C. What is C’s share in the amount?
Let c’s share be x.
- Two-fifth of the contents of container evaporated on the first day and two third of the remaining evaporated on the second day. What part of the contents of the container is left at the end of the second day?
On the first day 1-2/5=3/5remaining
On the second day=3/5 – 2/3*3/5==>3/5-2/5= 1/5remaining in the container.
- A man bought 60 chalk piece at the rate of 12 rupees per dozen 15 chalk piece got broken and the remaining chalk piece he sold at 2 rupees per chalk piece. If he had spent 15 rupees on other expenses, find his profit or loss percentage.
- The strength of the person coming to theatre increases and decreases in every alternate year by 20%. It started in 2013 and increases in 2014, then the strength of the school in 2016 as compared to that in 2013 was:
Let the initial strength in 2013 be 100.