- Raksha went to buy a toffee worth Rs. x. He gave Rs.10 rupee note to the shopkeeper to buy the toffee then shopkeeper gave rest of the money in the denominations of 50 paise, 1 rupee, and 2 rupees. If the ratio of the number of coins is 4:2:1 respectively. Then what is the price of the toffee?
815410None of these10Option C
Possible coins = (4, 2, 1) and (8, 4, 2)
If (4, 2, 1) = 0.50*4+2*1+1*2 =6
Cost of Toffee=10-6 =4
- In a locality, there are ‘x’ persons. The expenditure of wheat per month is directly proportional to 4 times the square of the number of persons of the locality. If one of them left the locality there was a decrease in consumption of 28 kg wheat per month. Then initially how many persons were in the locality?
R2 = 4(x-1)*2
R1-R2 =28= 2x-1
- Three cheetahs X,Y and Z move in such a way that when X takes 7 steps, Y takes 8 steps and Z takes 9 steps. But 4 steps of X are equal to 5 steps of Y and 6 steps of Z. What is the ratio of their speeds?
32:35:4225:28:3030:35:4035:32:30None of theseOption D
X: Y: Z = 7:8:9
Size of step, 4X=5Y=6Z
ratio of speeds = 7/4 :8/5 :9/6
- Simran bought 108 earings. While carrying she dropped the earings down. By this, some of them were broken. What cannot be the ratio of broken and unbroken earings?
4:31:22:510:11None of theseOption A
- P,Q,R and S are four numbers if Q is more than P, S is 10 more than Q, R is 5 less than S, P is 10 less than R. Then ratio of P: Q: R: S is?
1:2:3:41:2:2:11:5:10:15Cannot be determinedNone of theseOption D
From the above values of P,Q,R and S,it cannot be determined.
- An amount of sum is to be distributed among Priyal, Queen and Rashi in the ratio of 7:4:5 respectively. If the total share of Priyal and Rashi is 4 times the share of Queen, what is definitely Queen’s share?
50015002500Data is inadequateNone of theseOption D
Total sum is not given in the question.
- If the ratio of X:Y is is 2:3 and that of the Y:Z is 5: 8, then which of the following is true?
Sum = 98; B = 50Sum = 98; A = 20Sum=100 : A=25Sum =125;C=10None of theseOption B
X:Y:Z = 10:15:24
If sum = 98, A = 10/49 * 98 = 20
- The income of Vinayak and Priyanka are in the ratio of 4:5 and their expenditure is in the ratio of 2:3. If each of them saves Rs 5000, then find their income?
15000, 875010000,800011050,854813000,8500None of theseOption A
4p – 2q = 5000 and 5p – 3q = 5000.
P = 8750, therefore income = 8750 and 15000.
- A sum of Rs.4880 was divided among students of class A and class B in such a way that each student of class A gets Rs.44.50 and each student of Class B get Rs. 55.25. If the total number of class A and class B students is 100, find the number of class B students?
50406080None of theseOption B
44.50 P + 55.25 Q = 4880 —(ii)
Solving (i) and (ii) ,we get Q = 40
- An amount of sum is to be divided between Priyanka, Queen and Riya in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of Priyanka and Queen is Rs.Z, and the difference between Queen and Riya’s share is Rs.3000. Find the total amount of sum?
11500101001320015000None of theseOption C
12 c-7 c = 3000
5 c = 3000
c = 600
7 c- 3 c = Z
4 C = Z
4*600 = 2400
22* 600 = 13200