- In the year 2019, in a company the ratio of employees in three different departments operation,management and human resource are 2:3:4 respectively. In the year 2020 in each department if ‘x’ number of employees left then the ratio becomes 3:5:7. In the year 2021 in each department 5 employees left then the ratio became 1:2:3. Then what is the total number of employees in the year 2020?
75708085None of theseOption A
In the year 2019 = 2x: 3x: 4x
In the year 2020 = 3y:5y:7y
3y-5/5y-5 = 1/2
y = 5
Employees in 2020 = 15, 25, 35
Now 2x-n = 15
Employees in 2019 = 20, 30, 40
No of left in 2020= 3*5 = 15
- In a racing, there are three cars, Az, Bz and Cz. The payoffs at Az is 3:7, at Bz, is 4:9, at Cz, is 5:11. Vikas bets Rs.693 on a car which would fetch maximum amount. Luckily his car has won. Then what is the total amount won by him?
Rs 1050Rs 1008Rs 1500Rs 1025None of theseOption B
If he bets on car A: 693*3/7 = 297
If he bets on car B: 693*4/9 = 308
If he bets on car C: 693*5/11 = 315
So he bets on car C and he wins 315
Total = 693+315 = Rs 1008
- Four friends Akansha, Banya, Caryl, and Dinesh have some money among them, they decided to equate the money, so first Akansha gave Banya what Banya had initially, now Banya gave Caryl what Caryl had initially. Again Caryl gave Dinesh what Dinesh had initially and finally, Dinesh gave what Akansha had now. Thus each of them had an equal sum of Rs.48. Then what amount does Akansha have initially?
65666971None of theseOption C
- Animesh, Brijesh, Caryl, and Diksha are four friends living in a room. Animesh bought some chocolates and went to the room. He found no one is in the room. He then divided the chocolates into four parts and ate one part. After that Brijesh came to the room they then divided the remaining chocolates into four parts at one part each. After that Caryl came to the room, now together they divided the remaining chocolates into four parts and ate their parts. After that Diksha came now together they divided the chocolates into four parts and finished the chocolates. Diksha ate 6 chocolates only. Then how many chocolates does Animesh eat?
140145144142None of theseOption D
Diksha = 3x/128 =6
Total chocolates = 256
Animesh = x/4+3x/16+3x/32+3x/128
Animesh = 142
- The cost of brick block varies directly with the square of its weight. The brick block is divided into three parts whose weights are in ratio of 5:6:7. If the brick block is divided into three equal parts by weight then there would be further loss of Rs.7200. Then what is the actual cost of brick block?
Rs 1166400Rs 1254000Rs 3960000Rs 2545000None of theseOption A
Cost of brick block= (5x)2+(6x)2+(7x)2 = 110×2
When weights equal = (6x)2+(6x)2+(6x)2 =108×2
Loss =7200 = 110×2-108×2=2×2
Actual cost = (6x+6x+6x)2
(18*60)2 = Rs 1166400
- If the ratio of the first ball to second ball is 2:3 and that of the second ball to the third ball is 5: 8, then which of the following is true?
Sum=95;B=30Sum=98;B=30Sum=92;B=448Sum=88;C=31None of theseOption B
A:B:C = 10:15:24
If sum = 98, B = 15/49 * 98 = 30
- The income of Vikash and Pratyush are in the ratio of 4:5 and their expenditure is in the ratio of 2:3. If each of them saves Rs 5000, then find their income?
Rs 15000 and Rs 8750Rs 14000 and Rs 8450Rs 12500 and Rs 8000Rs 13500 and Rs 9400None of theseOption A
4x –2y = 5000 and 5x – 3y = 5000.
X = 8750, so income = Rs 8750 and Rs 15000
- The income of P,Q and R are in the ratio 3 : 4 : 7. If their incomes be changed such that the new income of P is 50% increased, 25% increased for Q and 25% decrease for R. Find the ratio of their new incomes.
15:16:2018:20:2117:25:3015:32:36None of theseOption B
Previous ratio = 3 : 4 : 7
New ratio =(150/100) * 3 : (125/100) * 4 : (75/100) * 7
- Rs 650 was divided among 3 students in the ratio 2: 4 :7. Had it been divided in the ratio 1/2 : 1/4 : 1/7, who would have gained the most and how much?
X,Rs 264Y,Rs 230Z,Rs 250Cannot be determinedNone of theseOption A
- The incomes of Akansha and Brijesh are in the ratio 1 : 2 and their expenditures are in the ratio 2: 5. If Akansha saves Rs 20,000 and Brijesh saves Rs 35,000, what is the total income of Akansha and Brijesh?
Rs 90000Rs 95000Rs 100000Rs 85000None of theseOption A
Income of A = x, of B = 2x
Expenditure of Akansha = 2y, of Brijesh = 5y
Savings is (income – expenditure). So
x – 2y = 20,000
2x – 5y = 35,000
Solve the equations, x = 30,000
So total = x+2x = 3x = 3*30,000 = 90,000