- A college has 4 sections of B.com students,such that half of the number of students of first section ,1/3rd of second section and 1/5th of the 4th section are equal.If total number of students in bcom is 420,find the number of students in section 1st and 2nd?
120150140160None of theseOption B
Let number of sudents in 4 sections be a,b,c and d respectively.
1/2 of a=1/3 ofb=1/4 of c=1/5 of d
So students in first and second section=[(2+3)/(2+3+4+5)]*420=150
- The ratio of the incomes of Akansha and Brijesh last year was 9:13.The ratio of their incomes of last year to this year is 9:10 and 13:15 respectively.The sum of their preset incomes is Rs 50000.What is the present income of Brijesh?
Rs 35000Rs 65000Rs 14500Rs 30000None of theseOption D
Ratio of income of Akansha and Brijesh last year is 9x:13y.
This gives x=y.
Total incomes of Akansha and Bnaya lasy ear-10x+15y=10x+15x=25x
So income of Brijesh=15y=15x=15*2000=Rs 30000
- A amount of Rs 315 consists of 25 paise,50 paise and 1Rs coins in ratio 3:4:6.What is the number of each kind of coin respectively?
100 , 150 , 160108 , 144 , 216106 , 108 , 11515 , 118 , 120None of theseOption B
- Rs 650 was divided among 3 students in ratio 2:4:7.Had it been divided in ratio 1/2 : 1/4 : 1/7.Who would have gained the most and by how much?
x and Rs 282Y and Rs 250Z and Rs 270X and Rs 264None of theseOption D
New ratio=1/2 :1/4:1/7=14:7:4
With ratio 2:4:7,X gets=[2/2+4+7] *650 = Rs 100
Y gets Rs 200
With ratio 14:7:4,X gets [14/14+7+4]*650=364
Y gets 182.
- Divide Rs 2340 into 3 section,such that first section be double that of second section and second section be 1/3 of the third section.Find the third section amount?
Rs 1120Rs 1300Rs 1170Rs 1450None of theseOption C
Third section=3 * 2340 / 6=1170
- There are 2 numbers.When 25 percent of first number is added to the second number,the resultant nuber is 1.5 times of first number.What is the ratio of first number to 2nd number?
3:54:52:31:2None of theseOption B
x+25/100 + Y =1.5X
X/4 + y= 15x/100
- Mani spends Rs 2480 to buy clothes for Rs 120 each and tables at Rs 80 each,What will be the new ratio of maximum number of tables to clothes are bought?
15:1810:1213:12Cannot be determinedNone of theseOption C
13*80 + 12*120 = 1040 + 1440
- A city with a population of 1000 has provision for 30 days,after 10 days 600 more women added ,how long will the food last at the same rate?
14 days12 1/2 days13 days15 daysNone of theseOption B
1000 * 20 / 1600
- The sum of 3 numbers is 123.If ratio between 1st and 2nd number is 2;5 and that between 2nd and 3rd is 3;4,find the difference between 2nd and 3rd number?
1210159None of theseOption C
- The ratio between two numbers is 7:5.If 5 is subtracted from each of them,the new becomes 3:5.Find the numbers?
4/3 and 1/27/2 and 5/28/7 and 1/59/5 and 1/5Nnone of theseOption B