- Number of persons in 9th and 10th class is in ratio of 6:11.40% in class 9th are females and 48% in class 10th .What percentage of persons in both the classes are males?
54.80%63.50%55.50%59.25%None of theseOption A
Males in class 9th=(60/100)*6x=360x/100
Males in class 10th=(52/100)*11x=572x/100
Sp total persons-=360x/100 + 572x /100
- Consider two alloys X and Y.50 kg of alloy X is mixed with 70kg of alloy Y. X contains bronze and aluminum in ratio 3:2 , and Y contain them in ratio 4:3 respectively.What is the ratio of aluminium to bronze in the mixture?
2:53:45:71:5None of theseOption C
Bronze in X=3/5 *50=30
Bronze in Y=4/7*70=40
So luminum in mixture is (50+70) -70=50 kg
So aluminum to brass is 50:70
- Two alloys contains aluminum and copper in ratio 3:7 and 7:3 respectively.In what ratio these alloys must be mixed with each other so that we can get a alloty of aluminnum and silver in ratio of 2:3?
2:53:43:11:2None of theseOption C
Aluminum =3/10 and copper =7/10 – first vessel
Aluminum =7/10 and copper=3/10-scond vessel
Let the alloy mix be k:1,
(3k/10 +7/10) / (7k/10 +3/10) = 2/3
- If 40% of number is subtracted from the second number then the second number is reduced to 3/5.Fi d the ratio between first number and second number ?
1:21:81:51:1None of theseOption D
- A company TCS reduces hs employee in ratio 14:12 and increases his wages in ratio 16:18 .Detrmine whetehr bill of wages increaes or not and in what ratio?
Decreaese and 24:22Increaese and 25:26Decreases and 28:27Increeses and 27:95None of theseOption C
- A vessel contins X and Y in ratio 4:5. 36 litres of mixture is taken out and and filled with 36 litre of Y.Now the ratio changes to 2:5.Find the quantity of Y initially?
54 l56 l58 l60 l65 lOption B
Let X=4x and Y=5x
Ratio between X and Y=2:5
- 50 litres of the mixture contains coke and water in ratio of 2:3.Hiw much cock should be added to mixture so that it contins coke and water in proportion of 3:2?
35 l30 l25 l22 lNone of theseOption C
- Two alloys contain aluminum and silver in ratio of 1;2 and 1:3 respectively.A third alloy Z is formed by mixing alloys one and alloys two in ratio 3:4.Find the percentge of silver in the mixture?
71.3/7%72.5/8%75.5/8%71.5/4%None of theseOption A
Aluminum =1/3 and 1/4
Silver=2/3 and 3/4
Therefore,silver perentage =(5/7)*100
- Two diyas of same height are lighted at same time,The first is consumed in 6 hours and second in 4 hours.Assuming that each diyas burns at a constant rate,in how many hours after being lighted,the ratio between the first and second diyas becomes 2:1?
1 hours3 hours2 hours4 hoursNone of theseOption B
Let height be h and let after t times ratio between height 2;1
=h-t*h/6 : h-t*h/4 =2:1
- The ratio of two numbers is 3:4.If three is subtracted from both numbers,the ratio becomes 1:2.What is the sum of two numbers?
151210.510None of theseOption C