Simple Interest/Compound Interest Questions for IBPS PO, SBI PO, NIACL, NICL, LIC, Dena Bank PO PGDBF, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- A man with a sum of Rs3903 wants to deposit in the bank account of his two sons so that both will get equal money after 5yrs and 7yrs respectively at the rate of 4% compounded annually. Find the part of amount deposited into the account of first son?
- The ratio of difference between compounded interest and simple interest for 3years to the difference between C.I and S.I for 2years is 31 : 10. What is rate of percent per annum ?
- A certain sum is lent for 3yrs at 10% compound interest p.a. if the C.I for the 3rd year is 242. Then what will be the S.I for 4yrs?\
- What will be the difference between compound interest on sum of 3000 for 1(1/2) yrs. When the interest is compounded annually and half yearly respectively if rate is 20% compounded annually?
- If a principal becomes triple in 4yrs at C.I then find in how many years it will be nine fold?
- If the difference between C.I and S.I at 20% rate of interest ‘is 480. Then find the principal amount?
- A sum of Rs13,360 was borrowed at 8(3/4)% p.a C.I and paid back in 2yrs in two equal installments. What was the amount of each installment?
- If a sum of Rs16 becomes Rs81 in 4yrs then find the rate of interest at compound interest?
- Find the C.I on Rs20,000 at 15% rate of interest in 3yrs?
- S.I on a sum for 3yrs at any rate of interest is 450 while C.I on the same sum at the same rate for 2yrs is 315. Find the sum and rate percent?
A) 5% , 1500
B) 10%, 1500