Time Speed Distance Questions for SBI PO, IBPS PO, RRB, NIACL, LIC, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- Hemant covers a certain distance with his own speed , but when he reduces his speed by 10 km/hr his time duration for the journey increases by 40 hrs, while if he increases his speed by 5km/hr from his original speed he takes 10hrs less than the original time taken . Find the distance covered by him.
- A train met with an accident 60km away from station A. It completed the remaining journey at 5/6th of the original speed and reached station B 1hr 12mins late. Had the accident taken place 60km further, it would have been only 1hr late. what was the original speed of the train?
- Two man start together to walk a certain distance, one at 4 km/hr and another at 5 km/hr. The former arrives half an hour before the latter. Find the distance.
- In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is:
B) 1hr 30min
C) 2hrs 15min
- Two racers start running towards each other, one from A to B and another from B to A. They cross each other after one hour and the first racer reaches B, 5/6 hour before the second racer reaches A. If the distance between A and B is 50 km. what is the speed of the slower racer?
- P and Q run at the speed 40m/s and 20m/s resp on the circular track of 800m, as its circumference , when would the P and Q meet for the first time at the starting point if they start simultaneously from the same point.
- The speeds of Ram and Raj are 30 km/h and 40 km/h. Initially Raj is at a place L and Ram is at a place M. The distance between L and M is 650 km. Ram started his journey 3 hours earlier than Raj to meet each other. If they meet each other at a place P somewhere between L and M, then the distance between P and M is?
- The ratio between the speed of a car and a bike is 16 : 15 respectively. Also, a bus covered a distance of 480 km in 8 hrs. The speed of the bus is three-fourth the speed of the car. How much distance will the bike cover in 6 h?
- How many seconds will a train 50 m in length, travelling at the rate of 42 km an hour, rate to pass another train 80 m long, proceeding in the same direction at the rate of 30 km an hour?
- A man rides his bike 20 km at an average speed of 8 km/hr and again travels 45 km at an average speed of 10 km/hr. What is his average speed for the ride approximately?