- A covers 1/3rd of his journey at the speed of 15km/hr and half of the rest of the journey at the speed of 20 km/hr and rest at the speed of 25km/hr. What is the average speed of A?
A) 12 1/2
B) 16 3/14
C) 19 7/47
D) 15 2/5
- Two person A and B started from two different places towards each other. If the ratio of their speeds be 6:11, then what is the ratio of distance covered by A and B respectively till the point of meeting?
- The speeds of Noel and Joel are 30 km/h and 40 km/h. Initially Joel is at a place X and Noel is at a place Y. The distance between X and Y is 650 km. Noel started his journey 3 hours earlier than Joel to meet each other. If they meet each other at a place Z somewhere between X and Y, then the distance between Z and Y is:
- A Man standing on a railway platform observe that a train going in one direction takes 6 second to pass him. Another train of same length going in opposite direction takes 5 seconds to pass him. The time taken (in seconds) by two train to cross each other will be:
- In every 30 min the time of a watch increases by 3 min. After setting the correct time at 7 am. What time will the watch show after 4 hrs?
- A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the train is:
- A runs twice as fast as B and B runs thrice as fast as C. The distance covered by C in 90 minutes, will be covered by A in
- A thief is noticed by a policeman from a distance of 200 m. The thief starts running and the policeman chases him. The thief and the policeman run at the rate of 10 km and 11 km per hour respectively. What is the distance between them after 6 minutes?
- If A travels to his school from his house at the speed of 4 km/h, then he reaches the school 8 minutes late. If he travels at the speed of 5 km/h, he reaches the school 7 minutes earlier than school time. The distance of his school from his house is:
- Two boys starting from the same place walk at a rate of 5kmph and 5.5kmph respectively. What time will they take to be 8.5km apart, if they walk in the same direction?