Quantitative Aptitude Questions for IBPS RRB/PO/Clerk, SBI PO, NIACL, NICL, RBI Grade B/Assistant, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- Two runner start running together for a certain distance, one at 6 km/h and another at 10 km/h. The former arrives 1 3/5 hours before the latter. The distance in Km is :
- A man completes a certain journey by a car. If he covered 30% of the distance at the speed of 20kmph. 60% of the distance at 40km/h and the remaining of the distance at 10 kmph, his average speed is:
- A person can row 7 1/2 km an hour in still water. Finds that it takes twice the time to row upstream than the time to row downstream. The speed of the stream is:
- Cars take 15 hr to cover the distance of 150 km between P and Q. A bus starts from point P at 6.00 a.m. and another bus starts from point Q at 9.00 a.m. on the same day. When do the two cars meet?
A) 3 PM
B) 2.50 PM
C) 1.30 PM
D) 12 PM
- A van complete a certain journey in 18 hour. It cover half the distance at 30 km/hr and the rest at 60 km/hr, The distance covered is ?
- Two persons Shyam and Santhosh starts at the same time from Place A to B and proceed towards each other at 45 km/hr and 54 km/hr resp. When they meet it was found that one of them travelled 72km more than the other. the distance between the places in km.
- A theft is reported to a policeman. The thief starts running and the policeman chases him. When the policeman starts chasing, the thief was at a distance of 250 meter. The thief and the policeman run at the speed of 6 km/h and 8 km/h respectively. Find the time the policeman will take to catch the thief.
- The distance between two stations A and B is 200 km. A train leaves A towards B at an average speed of 60 km/hr. After an hour, another train leaves B towards A at an average speed of 80 km/hr. The distance of the point where the two trains meet, from A is :
- A man travels 35 km partly at 4 km/hr and at 5 km/hr. If he covers former distance at 5 km/hr and later distance at 4 km/hr, he could cover 2 km more in the same time. The time taken to cover the whole distance at original rate is
- P and Q are two towns. Noel covers the distance from P to Q on cycle at 22 km/hr. However, he covers the distance from Q to P on foot at 8 km/hr. His average speed during the whole journey is :