Time Speed Distance Questions NIACL, SBI PO, IBPS PO, NICL, LIC, Dena Bank PO PGDBF, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- Two buses starts from A and B towards each other respectively. They meet at a point X. the speed of buses are 50km/hr and 60km/hr. when they met they found that faster train covers 40km more than the slower. Find the distance between A and B.
- A bus covers a total distance in 12hours. It covers first half at 10km/hr and 2nd half at 14km/hr. find the distance covered by bus?
- A thief steal a car at 1:30pm and drive at a speed of 60km/hr. Police came to know about theft at 2:30pm and start chasing him with the speed of 70km/hr. after how much kilometer police will catch the thief ?
- A train passes a pole in 30seconds and a platform in 1minute10seconds. If the length of platform is 160km. then find the length of train ?
- If a bus run without stoppages then the speed of bus is 54km/h and with stoppage the speed reduces to 36km/hr. find the stoppage time in an hour of bus?
- A person has to reach a place in a certain time and he find that he will be 15minutes late, if he walks at 4km/h and 10 minutes earlier if he walks at 6km/h. find the distance he has to cover?
- A man can reach a certain place in 30hours. If he reduces his speed by 1/15th, he covers 10km less in that time. Find his speed ?
- Ravi and Ajay start simultaneously from the same place. A far B 50km apart. Ravi’s speed is 5km/h less than that of Ajay. Ajay after reaching B, returns and meet Ravi at a place 10km apart from B. find Ravi’s speed?
- Walking at 4/5th of his usual speed, a man is 10 minutes late. The usual time taken by him to cover that distance is ?
- A man covers a certain distance in t hours. If he met with an accident at 50km and covers remaining distance at 2/3rd of his speed, he covered the distance 30 minutes late. If he met with this accident at 60km, he would be late by 24 minutes, then find the distance?
Click here for more Questions on Time Speed Distance
2 Thoughts to “Quantitative Aptitude: Time, Speed and Distance Set 5”
q10 …woww……. 🙂
m am not able to understand the shortcut formula for q no 4 ??how to solve