Directions (1-3): The director of a drama company has to assign different roles to two artists – Paramjeet and Kamaljeet to play in a drama depending on four different symbols–@ for father, $ for wife, # for brother and * for daughter.There were four combinations decided by the director showing the following results. Answer the questions on the basis of results 1, 2, 3, and 4.
1) Paramjeet @ Kamaljeet stands for Paramjeet is father of kamaljeet.
2) Paramjeet $ Kamaljeet implies Paramjeet is the wife of Kamaljeet.
3) Paramjeet # Kamaljeet implies Paramjeet is the brother of Kamaljeet.
4) Paramjeet * Kamaljeet implies Paramjeet is the daughter of Kamaljeet.
- If Daljeet # Chiranjeet $ Baljeet ,which of the following statement is true?
Daljeet is brother of BaljeetDaljeet is father-in-law of BaljeetDaljeet is father of BaljeetDaljeet is brother-in-law of BaljeetCan’t be determinedOption D
Explanation: It means Daljeet is the brother of chiranjeet who is the wife of baljeet.This means he is brother-in-law of baljeet.
- If Manjeet * Chiranjeet @ Daljeet @ Baljeet,which of the following is not true?
Manjeet is the mother of BaljeetChiranjeet is the grandfather of baljeetManjeet and Daljeet are siblingsManjeet is the aunt of Baljeetnone of theseOption A
Explanation: Daljet is the father of baljeet.Chiranjeet is the father of daljeet.Manjeet is the daughter of Chiranjeet.
From these conclusions ,we can conclude that A is false.Therefore,it is correct option.
- If Abhijeet # Chiranjeet * Baljeet,which of the following is not true?
Baljeet is the parent of AbhijeetAbhijeet and Chiranjeet are siblingsAbhijeet is the son of BaljeetBaljeet is the mother-in-law of chiranjeetnone of theseOption D
Explanation: Chiranjeet is baljeet’s daughter and abhijeet being chiranjeet’s brother. It also means that Abhijeet and Chiranjeet are son and daughter of Baljeet.
Directions (4-5): Read the following information carefully to answer the Questions that follow:
‘P # Q’ means P is the father of Q
‘P + Q’ means P is the mother of Q
‘P – Q’ means P is the brother of Q
‘P * Q’ means P is the sister of Q
- If A + B # C – D, then how is A related to D?
- Which of the following relationship shows that A is the aunt of E?
A – B + C # D * EA * B # C * D – EA # B * C + D – EA + B – C * D # Enone of theseOption B
Explanation: Option b converts to A is the sister of B , B is the father of C , C is the sister of D ,D is the brother of E.
It means C,D and E are siblings.Further A is the sister of B,therefore A is aunt of E.
Directions (6-8): Read the following information carefully to answer the Questions that follow:
‘a * b’ means a is the brother of b
‘a @ b’ means a is the daughter of b
‘a $ b’ means a is the sister of b
- Which of the following shows the relationship “p” is the paternal uncle of “n”?
n$o@pn@o$pn@o*pcant be determinednone of theseOption D
- From the following statement, what is the relationship between “n” and “s”? n$o@p*q$r*s
GrandmotherGrandfatherAuntUncleCant be determinedOption E
Explanation: It is clear that s’s gender cannot be determined.
- If a $ b $ c @ d @ e * f * g, then how many males and females are there respectively?
4 , 33 , 45 , 22 , 5can’t be determinedOption E
Explanation: Here, g’s gender is indeterminable.
- If A is brother of B, B is brother of C, C is brother of D, and D is sister of E, then which of the following statements is not necessarily true?
D is sister of CB and C are brothersA,B,C are male and D is a femaleD and E are sistersNoneOption D
Explanation: A,B,C are siblings and brothers of each other.D is their sister but E’s sex is not known.
- A women Manpreet asked a man Harpreet,” You are the brother of my uncle’s daughter. How are you related to me?”. What was the man’s answer?
The man is the son of the women’s uncle i.e.the man is the women’s cousin.