Directions (1-2): M,N,O,P,Q.R.and S are the seven members of a family comprising two layout manager, two Magistrate, one editor, one economist and one analyst.It is also known that:
a)There are exactly two married couples in the family.
b)P, who is an analyst, is married to an Magistrate.
c)No female member of the family is either an analyst or an economist.
d)O, who is a layout manager,is married to M,an magistrate.
e)Both the layout managers are females.
f)S is married to P.
g)It is male in the family who has ventured into the risk taking domain of editor.
h)Neither N nor R is a layout manager.
- How many male members are there in the family?
1234none of theseOption D
There are 4 male members as M,N and R are male while between P and S there has to be one male and one female-being a married couple.
- Which of the following combinations of the member and his/her profession can be correct?
N-MagistrateN-EconomistR-Editorboth option b and cnone of theseOption D
N and R share the same profession.
Directions (3-7): In a family of six persons-A,B,C,D,E,and F ,there are 3 males and 3 females.There are 2 married couples and 2 persons are unmarried.Each one of them likes different animals.E who likes cat,is the mother-in-law of A,who is the wife of C. D is the father of F and he does not likes Tiger or Parrot.B likes Lion and is the sister of F who likes snake.C does not like Parrot.Fox is another animal.
- Who among the following likes Tiger?
ABCDData inadequateOption C
Since you know from the clues that A,B and E are females and C,D,and F are males.And the couples are A ,C and other couple is D,E.The diagram can be made.
- How is F related to E?
BrotherSonFatherDaughternone of theseOption B
F is E’s son.
- One of the married couple is?
D-BD-EB-FE-FNone of theseOption B
- Which of the following animals is liked by A?
tigerfoxparrotlionnone of theseOption A
- How many sons does E have?
1234none of theseOption B
two sons-C and F
- Akash’s father is the only son of Manish’s father.How is Manish related to Akash?
fatherbrothercan’t be determinedmothernone of theseOption A
Akash’s father being the only son of Manish’s father,means that Manish must be Akash’s father.
- If A says that his mother is the only daughter of B’s mother,how is B related to A?
auntbrotherfatherunclenone of theseOption D
B must be a man as his sister is the only daughter of his mother.So B is A’s uncle
- Jackie said”This girl is the wife of the only grandson of my mother”.How is Jackie related to that girl?
fatherhusbandfather-in-lawgrandfathernone of theseOption C
The grandson is Jackie’s son ,so it makes Jackie this girl’s father in law.