Symbols represents time in a clock:
* = either the hour or minute hand of clock on 5
# = either the hour or minute hand of clock on 9
( = either the hour or minute hand of clock on 3
$ = either the hour or minute hand of clock on 7
@ = either the hour orminute hand of clock on 10
Example = $( represents 35 minutes 6 hours.First symbol represents minutes and second symbol represents hours.
- A train for Mumbai leaves every 30 minutes.The enquiry department told the passenger that train had already left 20 minutes ago and next train will leave at *#.At what time enquiry department gave information to the passenger?
#((#@$(*none of theseOption B
At 9:25 the next train leaves.It means the previous leaves at 8:55.And passesnger was informed at 9:15.
- Without stoppage,the speed of the train was 30 kmph and with stoppage ,it is 25 kmph.For how many minutes ,does the train stop per hour?
Time = 30-25/30= 5/30 *60 = 10 min
In a certain code,
Mostly saved highly lecturers is written as ” 8%Y , 7^D , 8@Y , 12#S ”
Made in Ireland parrot as ” 4!N , 9!D , 8$T , 6@E
Safe landing new house as ” 7%E , 5&W , 9#G , 6^E ”
Largest post initial as ” 6$T , 9#T , 9!L ”
All the codes are two letter codes only.
- The code for the word ” Pigeon” is ?
7!N8$P8$N9%NNone of theseOption C
Number- Increased by 2 i.e. 6 + 2 $ – P N – last letter of the word
- The code for the word “Maths” is?
7@S7!S8&S9^SNone of theseOption A
M – @ number – 5 + 2 word – last alphabet
- The code ” 9&A” denotes which of the folowing?
NamaniaNetherlandNigriaNigeriaNone of theseOption D
- ” %” denotes which of the following?
I – ! M – @ L – # P – $ H – % S – ^ N – &
- The code ” 8!N” denotes which of the following?
IcelandIronmanIskcnIskconNone of theseOption D
In a certain code language,
COMMON DOG FANCY EQUIPMENT as ” N11 , G18 , T5 , N11 Y0″
CAT DUCK FISH ECLIPSE as ” T5 , K14 , H17 , E20 ”
CAMEL DUMB FIREMAN ELEVATE as ” E20 , N11 , B23 , L13 ”
FARMER CARE EGG EGO as ” O10 , G18 , E20 , R7 ”
- What is the code for ” WAX USA “?
X2, A24X3, A25Y2 , A28X1 , A24None of theseOption D
WAX = The last alphabet is written of the word i.e. X Number= Numbering is done to the alphabets starting from Z i.e Z is assign as 1,Y is assign as 2 and so on.And after that, minus 2 is done to the assisgn number WAX – X assigns 3 so minus 1 is done it gives X1 USA – A assigns 26 so it gives 24 The same is followed in next questions.
- What is the code for ” ISLAND”?
D22D25D21D23None of theseOption C
- What is the code for ” URANUS HENRY SEARCH”?
S7 Y1 H7S7 Y0 H1S7 Y0 H17S8 Y1 H17S7 Y2 H17Option C
2 Thoughts to “Reasoning: Coding/Decoding Questions Set 34”
I really appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again